Kimberley Kampers USA

rehammer81

I received an interesting Kimberley Kampers Update email today. A lot of nice updates coming. One of the big ones that is interesting is they are moving to 48V power systems. I think it makes a ton of sense.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

bomar

Adventurer
May I ask which model you ordered? What time frame were you given from order date to ETA? How much did you have to pay for transportation from Australia? Does Kimberley Kampers USA offer any discounts?
@rvtraveler call Dave he can answer every question you have.

I would say you are looking at 12 - 16 months depending on model.

Transportation is included in the price he gives you.

MARSSIVPilot

Helllo! Not new here, but my first post. I've been interested in the Kimberley Campers for several years now (specifically the Kruiser S-Model) and come back to the Expedition Portal from time to time to read the threads on Kimberleys. Now that I'm closer to retirement and much closer to a decision point I was wondering for those with Kruiser models how has your experience been to date? Still happy with your purchase? Any quality issues/concerns, general performance, dealer support, etc...

I've also considered the Oliver Elite II, but would like to get off of the beaten path a little more than they're really designed for... Also, at 6'2 I don't think their twin bed configuration is going work well for me and the standard bed configuration is less than ideal I think. Great trailers otherwise.

Retired from the Army in 2007 and hope to retire for good VERY soon... Any thoughts/insights is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!

Treefarmer1

Helllo! Not new here, but my first post. I've been interested in the Kimberley Campers for several years now (specifically the Kruiser S-Model) and come back to the Expedition Portal from time to time to read the threads on Kimberleys. Now that I'm closer to retirement and much closer to a decision point I was wondering for those with Kruiser models how has your experience been to date? Still happy with your purchase? Any quality issues/concerns, general performance, dealer support, etc...

I've also considered the Oliver Elite II, but would like to get off of the beaten path a little more than they're really designed for... Also, at 6'2 I don't think their twin bed configuration is going work well for me and the standard bed configuration is less than ideal I think. Great trailers otherwise.

Retired from the Army in 2007 and hope to retire for good VERY soon... Any thoughts/insights is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!
You'll pay more for the Kimberley, but it will definitely be worth it to you the first time you go on a rough road. Plus you won't be banging your head and elbows in a Kimberley the way you will in an Oliver. The Oliver is high quality construction, but it's smaller and the suspension isn't intended for rough road use.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
FordGuy1 one will give you the low down. Just speculating but that Oliver seems super narrow. It's a gorgeous trailer maybe I am wrong. My vote go Kimberly
So far, my S3 rocks. I have had some issues, but now that they have been resolved, Kimberley is solid. One just needs to understand that they are hand built, and with that comes issues. They are also built for the outback, way different needs, plus it does not really freeze. Also, failures can be death in the outback, where in the US, a tow truck is never that far away.

MARSSIVPilot

So far, my S3 rocks. I have had some issues, but now that they have been resolved, Kimberley is solid. One just needs to understand that they are hand built, and with that comes issues. They are also built for the outback, way different needs, plus it does not really freeze. Also, failures can be death in the outback, where in the US, a tow truck is never that far away.
Thanks again - Truly appreciate the opinions/insights! Looking to possibly pair the Kruiser S with a 2023 or 2024 F-150 PowerBoost.

From Ford: "The 2023 Ford F-150 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,700 lbs when equipped with the 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6 engine. The engine also has 430 horsepower and 570 lb-ft of torque. The F-150 can also transport a maximum payload of 2,120 lbs."

I wish it had a little more payload as I likely will full time for at least a while. By the time you add a bed cap, rack/drawer system, tongue weight, etc.. it starts adding up pretty quickly. However, I do understand 2,120lbs is great for the truck class.

Also, the F-150 PowerBoost has the capability (it's an option) to function as a 7.2 KW generator. Fords says it can power a whole house for something like 32hours with a full tank... Should make recharging the Kruiser batteries a breeze while boondocking.

Prefer not to go Heavy Duty (F-250 or similar) because I will likely move around slowly/not in any rush and prefer the smaller truck for daily tasks and exploring.

Am I off base on any of this? Based on your experience do you think I might regret not choosing a Heavy Duty truck?

Last edited:

MARSSIVPilot

Thanks again - Truly appreciate the opinions/insights! Looking to possibly pair the Kruiser S with a 2023 or 2024 F-150 PowerBoost.

From Ford: "The 2023 Ford F-150 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,700 lbs when equipped with the 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6 engine. The engine also has 430 horsepower and 570 lb-ft of torque. The F-150 can also transport a maximum payload of 2,120 lbs."

I wish it had a little more payload as I likely will full time for at least a while. By the time you add a bed cap, rack/drawer system, tongue weight, etc.. it starts adding up pretty quickly. However, I do understand 2,120lbs is great for the truck class.

Also, the F-150 PowerBoost has the capability (it's an option) to function as a 7.2 KW generator. Fords says it can power a whole house for something like 32hours with a full tank... Should make recharging the Kruiser batteries a breeze while boondocking.

Prefer not to go Heavy Duty (F-250 or similar) because I will likely move around slowly/not in any rush and prefer the smaller truck for daily tasks and exploring.

Am I off base on any of this? Based on your experience do you think I might regret not choosing a Heavy Duty truck?

Hope this didn't come across like an advertisement... The PowerBoost seems like a good option/fit. Really just looking for thoughts on 1/2 ton vs HD pickup for a Kruiser-S long term? Thanks again :)

wtraptor

Hope this didn't come across like an advertisement... The PowerBoost seems like a good option/fit. Really just looking for thoughts on 1/2 ton vs HD pickup for a Kruiser-S long term? Thanks again :)

I have a E class and tow with a Ford Raptor. Suspension not really made for towing but it does fine. Powerboost should be perfectly fine for a S class. As for the Oliver, there are nice but wouldn't off road with them. Kruiser are the best off road/off grid rigs around.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
I pull mine with a 2023 Tremor 5.0l. It pulls fine. I get 13MPG pulling the S3 loaded. Yes, there are times I miss my SuperDuty, but I really enjoy having a fun truck to go explore with when not towing. I run two Ford dealerships, so I see the repairs. I went with the 5.0 for durability, but the EcoBoost pulls really good.

Treefarmer1

I pull mine with a 2023 Tremor 5.0l. It pulls fine. I get 13MPG pulling the S3 loaded. Yes, there are times I miss my SuperDuty, but I really enjoy having a fun truck to go explore with when not towing. I run two Ford dealerships, so I see the repairs. I went with the 5.0 for durability, but the EcoBoost pulls really good.
What is the GVWR on your S3? The T series is bigger than the S3 right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne