Kimberley Kampers USA

Romer

Adventurer
I wish they would make a hard side bathroom version of the Kamper. It's the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger, no way I can talk my wife into paying that much and having just a shower curtain separating the bathroom from the rest of the trailer.
there is a zip on bathroom room called an ensuite with a zippered door. At least there use to be
Screenshot 2022-08-20 153235.jpg

goodol

Specifically on the Kamper, I use to have a 2002 Kimberley Kamper. When I sold it in 2015, it still looked brand new. I would stay be happy with the Kamper. I took the Opportunity to upgrade direct from the factory (Before USA dealer) when the AUD to USD was at a sweet spot giving me a great deal.

I didn't camp in the winter, but did some days close to freezing and with a heater, the Kamper was more than warm, enough

The Kamper is lighter, easier to tow, easier to store and you can put stuff on the rack on top. By itself, it sets up in a couple of minutes. It is when you add the awning that you need to add time. I understand there is a quick awning that wasn't an option on mine

I hope that helps

thank you , I did follow your story:) and learned a ton from your sharings! Really appreciate that.

We are a family with two young kids, 4y and 6y, on east coast. We would think the hard shell definitely has its advantages but we like Kamper’s kitchen better and Dave said it feels a little more spacious inside Kamper. We understand canvas takes a lot more maintenance and may have the noise issues, but we guess we are fine for now for the 45K price difference.

We plan to use our trailer mostly during kids’ spring break, summer time ( mostly in August) , October break and occasional winter trips if the trailer and weather allows. Or even some last minute weekend/ long weekend trips. But with possible kids’ schedule changes in the future, we are not sure how many days we are going to use it in reality. That’s another reason we lean towards relatively cheaper Kamper. If we keep using the trailer a lot and Kamper doesn’t satisfy our family, we can always upgrade to Kavaran, right? At least, it’s our logic for now :)

If you don’t mind, would you maybe shed some lights on our situation. Thank you so much in advance!

Last edited:

goodol

I wish they would make a hard side bathroom version of the Kamper. It's the only thing stopping me from pulling the trigger, no way I can talk my wife into paying that much and having just a shower curtain separating the bathroom from the rest of the trailer.

actually that’s one of the reasons we like Kamper. Spacious than a hard shell bathroom, but is a en-suite which means we don’t need to go outside for showers, not like a lot of travel trailers, which is a big plus for us. But your wife could have a valid standpoint too. Happy wife happy life :)

Romer

Adventurer
If you don’t mind, would you maybe shed some lights on our situation. Thank you so much in advance!

I think the Kamper would be a great choice. Kids could sleep on mats on the queen size floor or you could get the zip on room

In all honesty, I would still be happy with the Kamper. I am not regretting upgrading when all the stars and currencies aligned, but if it didnt happen, I would still be happy.

Speedkills

I wish there were more of the hard side slide up style trailers. Besides the Kamper the only others I know of are the old HiLo trailers and the trailmanor units. I'm a huge fan.

goodol

I think the Kamper would be a great choice. Kids could sleep on mats on the queen size floor or you could get the zip on room

In all honesty, I would still be happy with the Kamper. I am not regretting upgrading when all the stars and currencies aligned, but if it didnt happen, I would still be happy.

Thank you for your honesty, we feel more confident and meanwhile excited. We plan to go to EXPO this Oct, though we are going through the ordering process right now.

WCDAVE

trailer.jpg

Traveling this past May near Capitol Reef. Went back in June to do the north and the Cathedral loop, but mother nature had other plans to drop a few inches of rain that week. We made alternate camping arrangements. Our travel is from the East to get to these spots. AC makes the journey more pleasant in the 85° /85% humidity nights you might encounter along the way. A full night's use depletes 600Ah at 100% down to 70ish percent. A days driving hooked up to the dc/dc charges them fully in 5-6 hours. In lower humidity western states as others have said you can avoid the need for AC on a Karavan by selecting the right elevation for your campsite.

CO camping.jpg

This is our new favorite free camping alternative to Cracker Barrel just off I70 in CO when making the trip back and forth.

jrb6907

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the couch bunk beds on the Karavan and/or Kruiser. I can't find that info anywhere. My boys are getting big and I'm not sure if the bunks are functional for taller kids. This thread has been very helpful, thank you to all. I checked out all the Kimbereleys at Mtn. West Expo last week. Dave and all the owners were super accommodating. Stuck between the Karavan & E-Class tight now.

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
Stuck between the Karavan & E-Class tight now.

Unless you really want to park the trailer in the garage or do serious off-roading with it, the E-Class seems like the obvious choice. It'll be better insulated, way less moving parts to service/fix down the line, less spots for dust/water to enter, better bathroom layout, better sleeping options, etc.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Unless you really want to park the trailer in the garage or do serious off-roading with it, the E-Class seems like the obvious choice. It'll be better insulated, way less moving parts to service/fix down the line, less spots for dust/water to enter, better bathroom layout, better sleeping options, etc.

And, its hard to move past the shower/head for long trips off-grid, and bad weather situations.

rehammer81

Would agree with you except for I'm not sure I would consider the bunks for his kids of the queen bed a better arrangement. Those might not fit the boys either though.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Romer

Adventurer
Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the couch bunk beds on the Karavan and/or Kruiser. I can't find that info anywhere. My boys are getting big and I'm not sure if the bunks are functional for taller kids. This thread has been very helpful, thank you to all. I checked out all the Kimbereleys at Mtn. West Expo last week. Dave and all the owners were super accommodating. Stuck between the Karavan & E-Class tight now.

For Bunk beds, the main section is 58" long and they come with 11-12" extenders. The extenders have long insertion poles so you could easily get another 1 to 2" if need be. When the extenders are in, the partially block the door so you have to turn sideways to get in and out. I only set them up once when I bought it and haven't needed it. My daughters have used a JetTent next to the Karavan against the Karavan awning since they are married adults now.

As far as the shower. Although not as easy as a shower without a toilet in the middle, I have had no issues taking one and use it regularly. If you get one with the decomposing toilet, the toilet swings out of the shower area so it is similar in size to the Kruiser

The Kruiser is defiantly nicer with less moving parts. Since I do offroad and I want to be able to store it ion a garage, the Karavan fits my needs better. I think I would be happy with a Kruiser but would have to rebuild my extra garage :)

In the other direction, I would be (and was) happy with a Kamper as that is a great unit. The advantage to the Karavan besides being cool (neat design) is the inside toilet, shower and kitchen. The disadvantage over the Kamper is the added weight. The Kruiser also is heavier and has increased height and width which can effect towing as well as where you can take it

I owned a Kamper for 5 years and have had my Karavan since Dec 2015. As I stated in another thread, one of the reasons I upgraded was the timing of the AUD to USD valuation as you bought from the Factory at that time. Plus they had an open slot with a Kruiser on a ship so they gave me free delivery to the US.

My advice is to get what you want that won't have any regrets as this should be considered a long term buy

Thank you for your honesty, we feel more confident and meanwhile excited. We plan to go to EXPO this Oct, though we are going through the ordering process right now.

My wife and I will have our Kamper at Expo East in Daves booth. Come on by and check it out. In the mean time let me know if you have any questions about it. Congrats on placing the order!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles