Kimberley Kampers USA

Just noticed you have the Tremor package. We ordered the 250 with the Tremor package as well. How are you liking it so far?

I literally just picked it up today from having a bunch of mods done. We took delivery 1/24 and drove it 3 miles to the shop. I put about 80 miles on it today...so far, it rides pretty well considering it's such a beast. I think you'll be happy with yours.

cmo5

Count us in as members of the "Super Duty Tremor towing a Kimberley" club! ?

We have about 2000 miles on the truck and are very pleased with it. We have only towed the trailer with it briefly so far but I think it's going to be a great combo...

20220211_120057.jpg

Hi All. Looking for some tidbits of wisdom from current and past Karavan and Kruiser owners. Looking at a number of options at the moment, but the Karavan and E-Class keep hitting the top of the list when we factor in everything we're looking for (especially with regard to being ready to go as ordered). Living in the northeast makes it tough to find good opportunities to see off road campers in person. Expo East will probably be our first chance at that. So, this forum, and everyones comments and opinions on their campers and builds, has been really helpful.

Because we're in the northeast (vs out west), both the Karavan and E-Class would work equally well for us (S and T class are just bigger than we need at this time). Would change what our camping focus is a tiny bit (based on which camper is hitched to us), but wouldn't really be limiting in any way. Both seem roughly the same size set up (although I think the E is about 12-14" wider than the Karavan inside?), similar weights, similar systems and options, and pretty similar costs when set up equally for cool weather camping.

So, apart from the obvious smaller form factor (when towing) of the Karavan, and the absurdly luxurious bathroom of the E-Class, does anyone have any comments of one over the other? Looking for any real life use or observations that I might not pick up from the material and videos online. Pros, cons, basic general observations? It's 2 of us most of the time, and a fair amount of our camping will be fall and spring camping in the northeast, with hopefully an extended trip or two west, but probably not for a couple of years.

Really appreciate any thoughts anyone has. Thanks!

bomar

Adventurer
@goawaymore You need to start a conversation with Brad Garland he has had both...

I love our Karavan but if you have the place to store the E Class and to tow it is amazing in person.

Both are awesome if you want the smaller form factor then Karavan but E Class has tons more storage and the private bathroom and closet space.

You living in NorthEast give Dave a call in Ohio and go see what he has coming in. Then you can go pick out all your colors...

James was just out with us @ Expo west.

smorris

@goawaymore I talked to David Bates at KKHQ in Bellefontaine just before Memorial Day to see if he had an E class in the shop (I was visiting family there, my home town.) He didn't at the time, but said to check back mid-June as he was expecting two to arrive.

I haven't gotten back with him yet, but plan to as I will be passing through Bellefontaine again mid-July heading to Hohenwald, TN to take a peek at Oliver campers. I know - completely different types and use cases. Fact is, we'd camp 90% of the time somewhere the Oliver could get to, and spending $40k more for the other 10% is hard to swallow.

cmo5

@goawaymore we chose our Karavan for the smaller towing factor and for the ability to store it in a garage or storage unit with an 8' door. We didn't have the ability to inside store a Kruiser, and this was important for us for the longevity of the rig. The tradeoff is increased mechanical complexity and loss of the swanky bathroom, so if height/form factor is not an issue for you, the Kruiser may make a lot of sense.

We also live in the northeast (southwestern CT), and have a similar use case to you--weekend trips with occasional longer excursions. In fact we are leaving tomorrow AM for our first big road trip with the Karavan---6000 miles or so from CT to Jasper/Banff NP's in Canada then on to Glacier NP/Flathead NF, Bighorn and Black Hills NF's, then back home.

If you are interested in seeing our Karavan (I believe the only one in the Northeast if I am not mistaken), I'd be happy to get together to
show it to you sometime this summer once we are back from our trip. Message me if you're interested.

We will be at Expo East with the Karavan as well.

Chris

Karvan web.jpg

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
@goawaymore we chose our Karavan for the smaller towing factor and for the ability to store it in a garage or storage unit with an 8' door. We didn't have the ability to inside store a Kruiser, and this was important for us for the longevity of the rig. The tradeoff is increased mechanical complexity and loss of the swanky bathroom, so if height/form factor is not an issue for you, the Kruiser may make a lot of sense.

We also live in the northeast (southwestern CT), and have a similar use case to you--weekend trips with occasional longer excursions. In fact we are leaving tomorrow AM for our first big road trip with the Karavan---6000 miles or so from CT to Jasper/Banff NP's in Canada then on to Glacier NP/Flathead NF, Bighorn and Black Hills NF's, then back home.

If you are interested in seeing our Karavan (I believe the only one in the Northeast if I am not mistaken), I'd be happy to get together to
show it to you sometime this summer once we are back from our trip. Message me if you're interested.

We will be at Expo East with the Karavan as well.

Chris

View attachment 727766

Any chance you'll be traveling through the Vernon/Kelowna area of BC? I'd love to have a quick peek at the Karavan!

@cmo5 awesome rig and planned trip! Hope you'll be sharing an update and some pics from the trip!

Be interested to hear of any favorite N-East trips/locations you've hit. Hope to catch up with you at Expo East

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
@eatSleepWoof unfortunately no, we won't be that far west. From Banff we will be headed towards Whitefish taking Highway 93 back to the US.

Thanks for the reply! Enjoy your trip and take your time, you'll be in gorgeous country with a LOT of backroads that can lead you to amazing camping spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles