Kimberley Kampers USA

In my humble opinion, KK has an opportunity to achieve a competitive advantage over the mainstream RV market in North America by adopting fixed pricing on all products and options.

Of course, a fixed pricing policy can be attractive to (some) customers only if they have confidence that negotiations/discounts are not taking place in secret. Tesla achieves this because orders are on-line---there are no Tesla salesmen to negotiate with. Whether an RV dealer could achieve price transparency is an open question.

Last edited:
David Bates (in charge of KK launch in USA) has told me that he will be using a fixed price policy for KK products. No discounts, no negotiating. That approach is certainly my preference.

Tesla uses fixed pricing. Mercedes and Honda have announced that they will start using fixed pricing in Australia. Hopefully the time-wasting theater of negotiating with car and RV dealers will someday disappear completely.

Romer

Adventurer
There was no negotiating when I bought my 2016 direct from the factory in Australia in late 2015.

cmo5

I just put an order in for a new Karavan myself. We decided to step up from our 2017 Turtleback Expedition, which has been a great trailer, but my wife and I wanted something with a bit more amenities and better ability to camp into the cooler weather months (we're in the Northeast), without having to contend with an outdoor shower/bathroom. I'll be listing the Turtleback on the for sale forum once I get around to getting it photographed...

I'd like to put in another plug for Dave at Kimberley USA--he is great to work with and was very responsive with the questions I had.

We're hoping to have the trailer by the early spring, and will post to let people know how things go.

I just put an order in for a new Karavan myself. We decided to step up from our 2017 Turtleback Expedition, which has been a great trailer, but my wife and I wanted something with a bit more amenities and better ability to camp into the cooler weather months (we're in the Northeast), without having to contend with an outdoor shower/bathroom. I'll be listing the Turtleback on the for sale forum once I get around to getting it photographed...

I'd like to put in another plug for Dave at Kimberley USA--he is great to work with and was very responsive with the questions I had.

We're hoping to have the trailer by the early spring, and will post to let people know how things go.

Im in the northeast and would love to see one. Let me know if you would like to show it off once you have it

Does anyone reading this thread have information about how the North American versions of the Kruiser models protect the water systems (fresh tanks, fresh lines, waste tanks, waste lines) in sub-freezing conditions?
Thanks

Does anyone reading this thread have information about how the North American versions of the Kruiser models protect the water systems (fresh tanks, fresh lines, waste tanks, waste lines) in sub-freezing conditions?
Thanks

The walls of the Kruiser are insulated core. All plumbing lines and tanks are insulated. The tanks also have heating elements that switch on at 35F.

If there are other specific questions, my recommendation would be to query David Bates (contact information in the first post of this thread).

My Kimberley S3 Kruiser is being built in Australia right now. I hope to pick it up in Ohio before May 1. I live near Iowa City, IA and will only take short trips until September. I’ll be in Western Colorado and Utah in late September into October. Probably in Nevada and California later—Death Valley, etc. I’ll be happy to show it to any forum members if our paths cross.

tony_h

I didn't see it in any previous posts, but are US-spec built with the door on the curb side? Do they change the electrical outlets for 120-volt?

I didn't see it in any previous posts, but are US-spec built with the door on the curb side? Do they change the electrical outlets for 120-volt?
Yes, the door is on the curb side and the electrical system is 120v.

Edit: the curb side entry does not apply to the Karavan due to its unique construction. Not sure about the Kamper. Kruiser models do have curb side entry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94