Kimberley Kampers new US Rep

Romer

Adventurer

David Bates who also is the Conquerer rep in Ohio is adding Kimberley Kampers to his line-up. I know of two people that have already worked with David. I also am working a part upgrade through him rather than the factory. My rear support struts are fine, but the newer ones that you can adjust up and down with a drill or handle are much cooler. Isn't that why we do upgrades?

I have nothing to do with this company other than wanting them to be successful as it makes it easier if I need parts or service :)

Happy Kimberley owner for 10 years, 5 .5 years with a Kamper and 4.5 years with a Karavan

ttengineer

Adventurer
It will be nice to see an additional option offered in the states now.

There is/was a guy here in Atlanta that had one. I got a chance to check it out and I was impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chi-Town

The guy under the car
I heard he is no longer the rep for Conqueror in the US?

I'm on a wait and see with the new KK as they bought the rights and the IP from the old company in the auction but time will tell if they can replicate the original quality.

Romer

Adventurer

I'm on a wait and see with the new KK as they bought the rights and the IP from the old company in the auction but time will tell if they can replicate the original quality.

For what its worth that was two years ago. @bomar seems happy with the one he picked up a few months ago and another friend @Hants has ordered one. It is most of the same folks with new and better management. When I have questions I still reach out to Adam Noble from the factory and he always takes time to answer them. My last question was about the upgraded rear struts on the newer Karavans. You can wind them up or down with a drill or handle to adjust (level) the height. Mine was extend and put a pin in them which makes the adjustment more difficult. Thats a nice feature that I am going to upgrade too. To save on shipping, they will put them in the next unit to ship over and then Dave will ship to me from Ohio. Unless its Hants trailer and then I can just drive over and pick it up :)

TomInOregon

That's my biggest concern with him becoming the dealer for the Kimberleys...Since he left the people who purchased Conquerors from him without support when he changed brands, what will happen to the Kimberley owners when he gets tired of them and finds a shiny new trailer to sell instead?

Romer

Adventurer
For what its worth, I have been a US Kimberley owner for 10 years. 5 with a Kamper and 5 with a Karavan. I bought the Kamper used and the Karavan direct from Australia.

Kimberley HQ In Australia has always answered my e-mail, provided answers and I have even bought parts directly from them. I have never had a need for service as nothing hasnt broken that I couldnt do easily. Like I replaced the water pump in my Kamper with the same unit purchased here

There is also a forum for Kimberley Karavan and Kruiser owners that provides excellent technical support and guidance.

Solar, electrical, plumbing I would think any reputable shop could help you with that. The pulley system needing work would be more difficult, but lots of documentation on servicing that on the forum I mentioned.

For example, the new Karavans have better rear stabilizers that you can use a drill to adjust up or down. The older design I have is a sliding peg type unit that can't be adjusted once down. I reached out to Adam Noble at Kimberley and he verified I could upgrade my unit, provided instructions and then put a set in the next Karavan shipped to the US (He could have shipped direct). When it reached the US, David took it out of the Karvan and shipped to me. There are also multiple people in Australia on the forum who have made the same upgrade and am reviewing how they did it and asking questions

Being in Denver I can't see ever driving to Ohio for service.

I like having a US Dealer as it means more access for new owners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles