Kifaru Woobie vs Rumpl Down

C-Fish

Adventurer
We’ve had a Rumple now for over two years and love it. The only complaint is the material is slippery and can slide off in the night...

outback97

Adventurer
Found this at Costco, light, warm & cheap!
https://www.costco.com/Double-Black-Diamond-Packable-Down-Throw-2-pack.product.100314979.html
The down is likely duck and not top quality goose like the Rumpl, but these are a good size and nearly as warm as the expensive blankets.
These live in our cars now and one on our bed, worth a try-

Those are great, we have a few. I only wish they would make some that are a foot or so longer... something like 82" x 60" would be so much better.

slowtwitch

Adventurer
Google or Amazon 'down sports blanket'. There's a zillion of them.. some with stuff bags and hoods. I wouldn't get too lux about it.. sitting around camp fires, etc, they will get holes in them.

CCH

Adventurer
I have the Costco down blanket. It does not compare in any way to a HPG Serape which I have or Kifaru Woobie which I do not.

chet6.7

Explorer
I bought 2 of the Costco blankets,the quality control of Double Black Diamond must be spotty,my blankets are garbage,there are areas without down.
I suggest examining the product before you buy.

Last edited:

rickmac

Rumple is very warm and great quality but I find most of the time that the Kelty Bestie is our go to. Got them originally for the boys...not as warm and not down but grabbed them on Amazon for under 20 bucks and have become a favorite.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

outback97

Adventurer
I bought 2 of the Costco blankets,the quality control of Black Diamond must be spotty,my blankets are garbage,there are areas without down.

We have four of these (Double Black Diamond... Black Diamond is a different company) with no issues. Costco has a great return policy, just bring them back there.

I don't own the Kifaru Woobie but I do have their Lost Park Parka, which uses the same insulation and by the looks of it, the same material as well. I wore the lost park parka with a wool base layer and a Sitka heavyweight hoody in -10*F and I was surprisingly very cozie just sitting in a helinox zero chair on top of packed snow. They make GREAT stuff. You'd be happy with it, I'm sure of it.

Ray_G

Explorer
We have a woobie...it's a fantastic piece of gear, but as a warm sleeper I find that it can almost be too warm at times. In fact I tend to drift back to a regular poncho liner, which allows the wife to take the woobie wholesale since she sleeps cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles