But, thought might be of interest, if nothing else to parse the specs

in order to compare to the alternatives

and helping others to assess value in this very scammer-ridden market niche

Please do not call these things "solar generators"

portable powerpacks, maybe

hour

Observer
Don't tell me he designed it?

or just a sponsorship / shilling arrangement. . .

I mean... he has quite a few WTFs and voiced disappointments on his EcoFlow videos. Has no reservations about calling certain aspects of - or entire products stupid. He exclaims "What the hell" and gets pissed when products don't live up to their advertising. I think you'd know this if you took the time to watch a couple of his videos. He's equally critical of crap he purchases, receives for free unsolicited, or the handful of things received in a sponsored video arrangement. And how he came to be in possession of an item is usually addressed in the first 20 seconds. Pretty sure his channel has the most DIY builds and component reviews (short of maybe jehu) but has covered lead, LTO, and especially LFP. If it's a shill channel, he's bringing a hell of a lot more to the table than the usual suspects.

Last edited:
Reactions: WVI

john61ct

Adventurer
I just find videos a complete waste of time in general.

I have spent several hours watching his, after he had crashed and burned in the forums for a few months trying to appear like an expert.

As I said he has learned a lot since then, but the last one I watched it was obvious he was expecting results from a BMS that no BMS was ever designed for and in fact would violate the basic laws of physics.

So, no.

But taking the focus away from him, are you saying his reviews were negative wrt this product, and thus you tend to agree?

hour

Observer
I just find videos a complete waste of time in general.

I have spent several hours watching his, after he had crashed and burned in the forums for a few months trying to appear like an expert.

As I said he has learned a lot since then, but the last one I watched it was obvious he was expecting results from a BMS that no BMS was ever designed for and in fact would violate the basic laws of physics.

So, no.

But taking the focus away from him, are you saying his reviews were negative wrt this product, and thus you tend to agree?

Weird. Now he runs an incredibly helpful forum with a whole lot of knowledgeable members building things beyond many of our wildest dreams. I'm saying his reviews are negative on most products which takes away from the notion that he's shilling. Some companies have even been disappointed in his videos and sent him a free "improved" replacement, only for that to get crapped on too. I am not in the market for one of these things so I won't be purchasing. And I certainly wouldn't base my purchase on a crowdfunding advertisement and printed specs without watching everything I could find about the specific model and anything else the company has produced. Even the turboshills like Hobotech have videos worth watching.

Reactions: WVI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online