Kiamichi Trail (K-Trail) - April 2014 - Trip Report

hikingff77

Adventurer
Nice report. And even nicer to know that you 4Runner guys actually roll down those rear windows! I cannot tell you how many DC tundras and 4Runners I see without them ever leaving the up position!

fo' runnin'

Overland Textile Co.
Nice report. And even nicer to know that you 4Runner guys actually roll down those rear windows! I cannot tell you how many DC tundras and 4Runners I see without them ever leaving the up position!

Thanks! And yeah, that rear window is my favorite feature! Lol. I don't understand why people don't use them!

machine1

Explorer
Excellent report. Love the pictures and video.

I would like to be the first Subaru to complete that section of the Kiamichi trail. I still have to get a lift kit and a roof basket to carry my spare and fuel can before I can go out there.

Fo'runnin, when do you think your group will attempt another run of the K-trail? I've got a couple of guys down here in North Texas that would probably tag along with with me (4Runner, Dakota 4x4, XJ Cherokee). I would prefer to go with a group that has already completed the trail rather than scout it on our own and get lost out there.

fo' runnin'

Overland Textile Co.
Excellent report. Love the pictures and video.

I would like to be the first Subaru to complete that section of the Kiamichi trail. I still have to get a lift kit and a roof basket to carry my spare and fuel can before I can go out there.

Fo'runnin, when do you think your group will attempt another run of the K-trail? I've got a couple of guys down here in North Texas that would probably tag along with with me (4Runner, Dakota 4x4, XJ Cherokee). I would prefer to go with a group that has already completed the trail rather than scout it on our own and get lost out there.

Thanks! We don't have any K-Trail trips planned as of now. We are spending lots of time exploring the Ozark National Forest right now. The K-Trail is pretty straight forward though. It would be pretty hard to get lost, especially if you had a GPS file on it, which I can give you. You shouldn't need any extra fuel, I only used like 3/8ths of a tank, because the trail is only 40 miles or so long if you jump on the highway at the 3 Sticks Monument. There are a couple pretty gnarly obstacles, but luckily they all have bypasses for vehicles that aren't capable of attempting them. I'm actually in the process of putting together a much more detailed trip report and video on a trip we completed last month in the Ozark National Forest, I should be posting it in the next couple weeks!

Stretch79

Observer
fo'runnin', any chance I could get a copy of the gps file to load in my lowrance? It would be much appreciated as I'm trying to plan a run up there soon.

Last edited:

fo' runnin'

Overland Textile Co.
fo'runnin', any chance I could get a copy of the gps file to load in my lowrance? It would be much appreciated as I'm trying to plan a run up there soon.

No problem! Here is the .gpx I have.

Attachments

• K-TrailNew.gpx
    376.9 KB · Views: 26

anc2514

Has anyone done the trail from 3 sticks to Mena? I am hopeful its not as tight as the K trail west of the fire tower.... not a fan of knowingly going in for a ****ty pin-striping...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier