Kiamichi Trail (K-Trail) Adventure: The good, the bad, and the ????

A weeks worth of food? That's a little extravagant don't you think? Its less than a 10 mile hike in either direction to the nearest bit of civilization....

A LWB truck could make it... There's no sharp turns in the trail to be concerned about.

I definitely will echo the fact that you shouldn't go alone... And I sure as **** wont go out there without a gun.

Rovernut

Turns I wouldn't worry about. Break over angle I would in a LWB. There were some pretty washed out places.

A week's worth of food isn't overkill, it's a variety! If it's raining, we eat cold, if it's nice, we cook. One thing I've learned in all these years is if you can pack it, you can't have too much stuff.

playhard

Observer
I guided some people to McKinley rock late one night last October. I took them in on Clayton trail. We were in Jeeps and a Bronco II. The trees were rubbing the sides the whole way in. As stated above, I would not want to take a full size or newer rig on Clayton trail because of what it would do to your paint. After hitting K trail, accroding to google maps, the trail got a little wider. That eroded trail may have been just past McKinley rock. Google maps call that K trail. I have been going down to Clayton for all most 20 years and have alwasy call the trail that runs from the top of school bus trail to McKinley rock Clayton trail.

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
The trail gets tight east of where the Clayton trail dumps onto the K-Trail. Bus line is closed, as is Honobia Creek.

Oobray

Adventurer
Well I'll take head and not go out there. Especially since I don't know anyone here that has a 4wd rig, or likes camping for that matter. I continue my quest for some off road camping near OKC.

fo' runnin'

Overland Textile Co.
The trail gets tight east of where the Clayton trail dumps onto the K-Trail. Bus line is closed, as is Honobia Creek.

Digging up an old one here, but which trails are still open? A couple buddies and I are wanting to make a trip down there soon to run some trails!

Stretch79

Observer
So I've been wanting to make the k trail trip and after reading this I cant help but think about the other side of this story...lol

Two local high school boys get home on a saturday night and tell their pops about their late night k trail adventure. So here we are pop, cruising the backroads in our big jacked up 4x4 CHEVY pickup with the redneck-esque stickers covering the back glass when all of a sudden we wonder upon these city folk from Denton, Tx with their fancy rims and tires on them fancy Toyota 4 runners they got. Now being the nice hillbilly gentleman that we are we stopped to ask them if they needed some help fixin them there fancy yota’s but they was 3 of them and only 2 of us so we was cautious about getting out of our chevy. Next thing we know they refused our offer of help so we head down the trail to realize we went the wrong way, we innocently turn around and head back, we hit a huge bump in the trail and it dumps our load of firewood in the middle of the trail, then our truck backfires cause that holley 4 barrel carb has been acting up lately and it shot sparks straight out them cherry bombs and lit a fire in the middle of the trail, but of course we didn’t notice this cause we was just tryin to get home in time for our curfew. As we drive back by these Texas boys they bust out some full auto Rambo lookin .50 cals and start unloading on us, all we had was our 12 ga hangin on the gun rack so we left and came straight home.

Hope yall enjoyed “the other side of the story” roflmao

fo' runnin'

Overland Textile Co.
So I've been wanting to make the k trail trip and after reading this I cant help but think about the other side of this story...lol

Two local high school boys get home on a saturday night and tell their pops about their late night k trail adventure. So here we are pop, cruising the backroads in our big jacked up 4x4 CHEVY pickup with the redneck-esque stickers covering the back glass when all of a sudden we wonder upon these city folk from Denton, Tx with their fancy rims and tires on them fancy Toyota 4 runners they got. Now being the nice hillbilly gentleman that we are we stopped to ask them if they needed some help fixin them there fancy yota's but they was 3 of them and only 2 of us so we was cautious about getting out of our chevy. Next thing we know they refused our offer of help so we head down the trail to realize we went the wrong way, we innocently turn around and head back, we hit a huge bump in the trail and it dumps our load of firewood in the middle of the trail, then our truck backfires cause that holley 4 barrel carb has been acting up lately and it shot sparks straight out them cherry bombs and lit a fire in the middle of the trail, but of course we didn't notice this cause we was just tryin to get home in time for our curfew. As we drive back by these Texas boys they bust out some full auto Rambo lookin .50 cals and start unloading on us, all we had was our 12 ga hangin on the gun rack so we left and came straight home.

Hope yall enjoyed “the other side of the story” roflmao

LOLOL!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online