Kia sorento

AdventureHare

Outfitting for Adv
Those braceless teeth will.dig real nice ;)

I have trail gear toyota sliders. They are giving away some recovery gear and my pic is in the contest. Hopefully I win

Do you need votes to win? I'd vote for you.

What prompted you to go down the Sorento (off) road? Was it already in the garage or did you just go insane naturally? :)

donaldcon

Adventurer
I'm just naturally insane.

46deec42b6c4325eb8e31bfed5de1f50.jpg

I built this thing when I was 16

ec2573d9e70d41304fa791ce0be48acf.jpg

This is my atv. Lol

I ended up with the sorento becuase my mother n law was going to trade it in on a new car. I got it for what they offered for trade which was $1000

I pretty much take everything offroad and kia was no exception. I figured it woukd have fallen apart in a few weeks but it is still going and still impressing people.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
So I stopped at my local salvage yard on Friday and they had 2 Sorentos there, I checked out the seating and cargo space to get some ideas and may think a bit more on it, pretty cool rigs for sure.

donaldcon

Adventurer
I got the injectors in with a new injector wiring harness and it seems to be running great now.

Now I can get back to focusing on making the new tires fit

xychix

Maybe on an lx. But not on an ex becuase of the additional trim I run 235 85 16 with 2 inch lift. Mines an ex. Some folks go 265 75 16. I added wheel spacers so had to do some trimming to my pinch welds.

Funny you mention monteros.

My plan is to attempt to put a montero locker in the rear. The internals are very close to the gen 3 monty.

If I can't I plan to swap entire rear axle in.

I'm also working on ideas for the front to stay ifs but lock it. Again monty fronts are very close to same specs so I hope I can swap internals. But may try to swap entire housing.

Planning for custom control arms and jeep liberty struts. To move knuckles forward to allow clearance for 35s with minimal lift.

I forgot about ome, they do make HD lift coils and shocks/struts for these too

I've owned a Kia Sorento (year 2005) for a while. Did almost no offroading.

- for the axle rust there's supposed to be a sulution (drill a tony hole somewhere so water doesn't stand there, will likely not go for mud)
- I'd made an electronic button to 'fake' the 4wd clutch to the computer and sending the power from the ECU trough a 6 Ohm resistor to ground. This way a 2WD drive was created that also could be used in LOW (ideal for reversing with a trailer)

can look up details if interested. If your german is good there is a Huge forum there. Can't find it right now but can look a bit harder if interested.

donaldcon

Adventurer
Timing belt every 60k. But kia sells a 100k" belt for cali.

Stick to mitsubishi 3.5 schedule.. same engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles