Keyless Entry Module, location???? Not where it was supposed to be.

BOPOH

Explorer
did you ever try to press that red light? Eric M do you have Gen II or Gen 3 montero?

Last edited:

Eric M

Adventurer
Dealer install maybe? I've seen it on a few other Monteros for sale in my state, another 1998 and a 1999.

BOPOH

Explorer
yeah why not, i've read somewhere that security option was dealer-install only and not available from factory. If that's the case it could that dealer opt-out for other security system ?

Eric M

Adventurer
Still, mine says it's got a Mitsubishi security system on the driver window. Does yours say that, bikerjosh?

CUCV GRV

KJ6ZWQ
I just programmed the remote pictured in previous post. It is a GOH-24. If you have the little red light on the left of the dash that is a dealer installed accessory. Here is the way I programed mine a week ago.

1. Turn the ignition key to the "ON" position.
2. Open the driver's door. (The courtesy light should come on.)
3. Press and hold the emergency override button (status indicator light). In 15 seconds the door locks should lock and unlock three times to indicate that you are in the programming mode. Continue holding the ignition override button.
4. Press the LOCK button on the new transmitter.
5. Release the ignition override switch.
6. Turn the ignition key to the "OFF" position.

hope this helps

bikerjosh

Explorer
Programming remote.

Well I finally got my remotes to program, had to have door closed as opposed to "CUCV". Also I had to hold down the led program button for around 30 seconds to enter programming mode, (makes me think I have a bad connection that is only contacting at certain points).
While both remotes are now programmed I seem to have the common lock/unlock/lock cycling from the main door lock when pushing the button. My shoe goo repair last year must have failed. Time to pull apart the master controller in the door and find out what is going on.
Josh

grsmonkey

Reviving this old thread...
I ordered these fobs from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y23J21S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Following the mentioned programming directions for the dealer installed alarm, I got the locks to lock/unlock telling me I was program mode. I had to press the buttons about 30 times for the locks to actuate- like programming a garage door opener. That's as far I can get- the fobs are doing something in programming mode, but don't work at all otherwise.

Does anyone know exactly which fobs will work? "CUCV" mentioned GOH-24. All that comes up are used Subaru fobs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles