Kermit Chair

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
One note on the leg extensions: Initially I didn't really care for them. I didn't mind sitting close to the ground - but when everyone else is sitting at 'normal chair height', and you're rockin' the low-rider . . . the leg extensions (as ugly as they are), keep you from having to look up at everyone to have a conversation.

Expedition Leader
One note on the leg extensions: Initially I didn't really care for them. I didn't mind sitting close to the ground - but when everyone else is sitting at 'normal chair height', and you're rockin' the low-rider . . . the leg extensions (as ugly as they are), keep you from having to look up at everyone to have a conversation.

I don't mind sitting low to the ground around the campfire; when everyone is standing the rest of the day, most people have to look up to me so I don't mind returning the favor. :)

86cj

Explorer
Thumbs up on the Kermit chairs , ours have alot of miles on them. I bought the leg extensions and quit using them, I am not 6'5" either........

I seem to forget which way to roll them back up the first trip of the season, other than that no issues to complain about.

Attachments

• Campfire and chairs2.jpg
    Campfire and chairs2.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 143

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
This past weekend at CFW was the first time I have seen a Kermit chair in real life & I thought it was a toy until I sat in it. I am 5'9" @ 225lbs & the chair w/ ext legs was WAY more sturdy than it looks. Heck the owner is 6'5" or so & gets in/out of it with no problems! Cool little chair!

Adventurer
HI All,
Due to all the positive responses here I ordered a Kermit chair with black leg extensions and cup holder. I ordered from Kermit. As far as I can tell, they are not discounted anywhere.

So, thanks, Sparky

Fresno

Adventurer
I have one and love/hate it. Very comfortable with leg exts. $$$. Mostly compact. But, I keep thinking someone is building a quality, packable, normal height, less a 100 bucks camping chair.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I'd like to see Kermit make a chair with the exact design as their famous model, but with wood legs the length of the original when the metal legs are installed. Yes, the stored length would be longer, but it would be well worth it for our applications.

Adventurer
Review Of My New Kermit Chair

HI All,
Well, I received my new Kermit chair today. I've never seen one before. I bought strictly based upon the good words on this forum. I unpacked it not knowing what to expect. I also bought the black powder coated leg extensions and the cup holder.

One of things I was concerned about was the difficulty of assembly which some folks here had mentioned. Generally, I have little patience with things that are difficult to assemble when I'm camping. I found assembly to be a snap needing only a minor reference to the instructions. I don't understand the problem. It's very intuitive. Also, I was concerned about the appearance of the leg extensions when they were mounted. I don't find them to be objectionable at all and they seem to add a great deal of versatility. Again, I don't see the problem. The cup holder? I'm not so sure about it. My favored coffee cup does not fit so well due to its handle. But I think it will be OK.

The design is brilliant. Very clever. The rounded braces that double as a carry handle is neat. It seems sturdy, like it will last a lifetime. It certainly folds into a compact package which I was hoping for. Finally, it is pretty. I love the natural wood. The extensions could be better looking but I don't know of any alternatives to the materials they used. They seem very sturdy.

All in all, I'm very impressed. Is it worth the substantial price? Only time will tell. But, I am very optimistic. Tonight I will watch a movie sitting like a King in my new Kermit throne.

Sparky

Fresno

Adventurer
I'd like to see Kermit make a chair with the exact design as their famous model, but with wood legs the length of the original when the metal legs are installed. Yes, the stored length would be longer, but it would be well worth it for our applications.

+1

Adventurer

HI Beo,
Can you explain exactly why?

Sparky

Honu

lost on the mainland
HI Beo,

Sparky

reviving thread :)

I can say why for me :)

dont want to mess with extensions and having more setup things

it is one of the things that has kept me from buying one ? might have to see one with extensions but keep thinking there has to be some wobble ? but maybe not

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I too have one and love it. The only downfall is due to the narrow "Foot print" of the legs they tend to post hole in the wet grass and sand so frequently found at my son's traveling baseball fields.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
HI Beo,

Sparky

Yes, the legs are just one extra part that adds time and complexity to the setup and take down. Is it much, NO. Also, although not unstable, they do make the chair more wobbly. Do I think I need to worry about them, No. But do I, Yes. Plus, when packed, I have to deal with 4 packages instead of just two. I would much rather just have Kermit chairs that had longer Legs. The few extra inches when stoyed is not going to make a difference, but would make a huge difference in my willingness to use them more. Mostly, I leave them tucked away becuase I don't want to set them up and then take them down again. Espeicailly for the shorter stuff. Long term use is great, but doing a few times a day is rather tedious.

Palehorse1

Observer
We have two of the Kermit chairs here and while my wife loved them the first time she looked at them I was a bit more reserved until I finally got to sit in one. At 6'1" I don't find the humor of trying to use "cute little camp things" too entertaining but these Kermit chairs are really quite well built and comfortable. We have two more of the chairs on order but we don't have the leg extensions so I couldn't comment on them other than to tell you that someday I might be tempted to try a set. Haven't tried the drink holder either as being that they sit low enough the ground seems to be an ideal spot to set my drink if no table is near or my lap is filled with a plate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94