Kenda Klever R/T

SixLug

Explorer
Caleb Wallace did a review on here back in December which was pretty good. Unfortunately he didn't say how many miles he put and he left the reader hanging by saying there was now a vibration......what was the vibration from? Bad belt or tire issue? Weight(s) issue? Something completely unrelated to the tires??
If Mr. Wallace is on here or someone can contact him maybe he'd do a follow up answering our questions. Also IDK if it's true but on another site I was told Falken is planning on releasing a couple of their tires in the 35x10.5x17 size. Fingers crossed!!!

What site? Reliable source?

Hegear

Has anybody got any miles on these yet? Just curious how they are holding up. I have them on a Jeep but under 5k. Have been happy so far. Thinking about getting another set for my ram and was wondering what kind of mileage people are getting from them.

thanks!

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Has anybody got any miles on these yet? Just curious how they are holding up. I have them on a Jeep but under 5k. Have been happy so far. Thinking about getting another set for my ram and was wondering what kind of mileage people are getting from them.

thanks!

I’m at about 20-23k miles, haven’t paid close attention to the specific number, on a JKUR with the 33x10.50 on stock JK wheels. Installed height ended up at 31-5/8” IIRC. I’ve been generally very happy, quieter than the BFG MTs I was running before, but much heavier. You feel the weight in driving. They feathered a little bit as I let them run through 8k without a rotation, and had the expected noise after rotating as the feathering wore down, but not bad by any means, and nowhere as bad as the previous tires. Probably my only negative observation so far has been that they spin out on snow a little more than I expected, but airing down seems to correct that. Since I live in the desert and trips to the snow are a specific event, I probably ran in with too much air to begin with. Much of my off-road has been on sharp and abrasive Sierra granite. They have done really well. I don’t really get in mud often, but they seem to do well everywhere I’ve been off-road.

jjsmith8301

I personally would stay away from them. I haven't used the klevers before but I had a brand new set of the kineticas on my van. I had them less than 2 years and three of the four had catastrophic failures within a month of each other. Just my two cents though.

Jupiter58

Well I do have them. About 5k on my jku. 35x10.5. Very very quiet, no noticeable wear so far. No serious off road but miles of 3-4” mud on dirt roads. Very nice.
I got them for the narrow aspect and because they have excellent reviews on the wrangler forums from people who actually have them. Very popular with the pizza cutter crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smileyshaun

Observer
Kenda is not a small company they are a very large motorcycle and Bicycle tire manufacture. The kendas are absolutely amazing , never tried them in mud but in sand ,snow ice and rain they are fantastic . Even though they are d rated they have a thicker carcass than most e rated tires hence why they weigh so much . Pictures do not do the tread and sidewalk tread justice .

gillbrak

I have them in 285/75r18 load e on my ram mega cab 3500 Cummins. A little over 6000 miles and am very happy thus far. Can’t hear them over the engine.
5321da69490c4bb176591528b8aee1ad.jpg

If it ever decides to snow in Colorado I’ll actually get to test them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles