kenda Klever M/T

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I would stick with a good name brand tire. I've been active in the automotive communities for 14 years and have never even heard of Kenda.

Eaglefreek

Eagleless
I don't have any experience with their truck tires, but their mountain bike, off road motorcycle and ATV tires get great reviews.

1stDeuce

Explorer
I have Kenda tires on my motorcycle and they're awesome tires for the money! They've been making just about every kind of tire for a long time, but I don't think they've been bringing automotive tires to the states until recently. Kenda is based in Taiwan. (Hey, at least it's not China...)
I'd not hesitate to run these if I thought the tread was good for what I need. For now though, I'm sticking with Cooper tires, which are actually designed and made in the USA!
Chris

Flagster

Expedition Leader
I have only had bad luck with Kenda bicycle tires...tread separating from inner layers/bubbles/etc...customer service was good though as they always sent replacements...that then I had problems with and sent back...for replacements...that failed...you get the picture

greengreer

Adventurer
Although i have no personal experience, I've known two people that have used kenda truck tires, the first a four runner that got good life out of them, second a big GMC crewcab that wore em out quick. Both where clever at's.
I have used their mtn bike tires but never really thought they were all they were hyped up to be. I running continental on both my bikes but not on my truck...
If youre looking at 285/75/16, then why the Kenda? There are plenty of different tires in that size to choose from. Not saying there is anything wrong with them, but you could find tons of different "proven" mud treads for similar coin.

19psi

The Devil Made Me
i've had Kenda's on my 4wheeler, they are bad ***. i'd probably give these a try on a truck just because i like different stuff.

gritchomper

Thanks everyone. After researching, I found a couple, other M/Ts out there for similar price, as greengreer said. I ended up buying the Hercules Trail Digger M/Ts because there was a fair amount of reviews on various forums and Peterson's 4wheel mag. I will watch the Kenda's though because I like the tread pattern and price. stomperxj, thanks for reminding me to never underestimate the power of Wiki.

Last edited:

plumber mike

Adventurer
Bumping this thread as I stumbled across a 275/80r18 size when shopping for 285/75r18

Anyone? Sure not much real world info or reviews on them.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Bumping this thread as I stumbled across a 275/80r18 size when shopping for 285/75r18

Anyone? Sure not much real world info or reviews on them.

No idea on the tires, but I like that size. Too bad they are the only ones making that size. I wish others would get on the "tall/skinny" wagon (35/11R18).

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles