Keeping your vehicle cool

Desert Dan

Explorer
A lighter color on truck and camper/shell helps a lot. Tropical Land Rover Tropical Safari roof is the best solution. I painted the top part of my Jeep's black roof with Solar Flex roof paint (95% UV reflection). It mad a huge difference.

shade

hoping to used some UHDPE
I believe that material may expand enough to cause problems.

Have you considered using a lighter colour? The roof rack rails appear to cover the heat shield enough that it won't be all that visible, and a lighter colour would be cooler.

rayra

Expedition Leader
'urban camouflage'. I've done almost all my odds with the intent of keeping a low profile. I really don't want it to stand out with a light colored roof.

My old thread on the window fan inserts -

Those four quiet fans move the full volume of the vehicle interior, every minute. I put them on a rheostat so they could be dialed down / up, be even more quiet and still move a lot of air.

windowfaninsert23.jpg

Lots of material and how to details in the topic. Was almost 3yrs ago.

One other intended mod I still haven't done, but hope to accomplish this winter when I take everything out of the back of the Sub for bunch of re- and new wiring, is add a switched power feed that will let me engage and control speed of the rear AC squirrel cage fan, thus using the vehicle's built in fan and ducting to stir air around the rear platform / sleeping area.

/take THAT run-on sentence, English teachers!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online