Keeping cool, keeping it simple

rickc

Adventurer
Hi folks: Just sharing a very cheap and simple addition to my truck; custom window reflector blinds. I bought about 10'x4' (way too much) of double shiny sided bubble wrap from the local hardware shop and about 30 minutes later had custom blinds for my side windows. My truck gets way too hot when camping if I can't find shade and it also sits in airport parking lots for days at a time so these simple shields really work well at keeping internal temps down and protecting the interior surfaces from UV.

In practice, when camping, I try to park facing south the sun and put a side blind on the drivers front, across the front (regular store-bought blind) and both right side windows then crack open the left rear and the little rear slider fully so the cabin can breathe. The blinds do an amazing job; dirt cheap.

I'm probably going to use the remaining material to make a cover for my fridge.

Attachments

• IMG_1303.JPG
    IMG_1303.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1304.JPG
    IMG_1304.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1335.JPG
    IMG_1335.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 61

rickc

Adventurer
I cut the blinds just slightly oversize so that I poke the edges all the way around behind the window rim when fitting them; no suction cups required! The Colorado front side windows have a gap at the front bottom on each side which also helps to hold the blinds in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94