Just posting some pics of my FG

FG Surfari

Adventurer
I finally got my super singles and some 37" BFG Mud Terrains, so I thought I would post a few pics.
I made the rear bumper and the spare tire holder myself. Not bad for a hack.
Next project will be windows and a generator/compressor mounted to the right of the battery tray.:smiley_drive:

Attachments

• Fuso FG 008.jpg
    Fuso FG 008.jpg
    568.7 KB · Views: 293
  • Fuso FG 004.jpg
    Fuso FG 004.jpg
    486.6 KB · Views: 326

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
FG Surfari
Very nice! :drool: And wow, some killer tires, and a great license plate

How well do those 37" work for you? I want to go larger on my FG. I was thinking in the 10-15% range to drop my RPM at freeway speeds, so 35" tires. But if 37" work, that might even be better. Any adverse effect on "power" ?

And the question Fuso owners always asks... who made your wheels and what backspacing did you go with?

It the body one of the fiberglass landscaping/seeding bodies? I've seen some of those on eBay and they look pretty cool
Thanks, Mark

kerry

Expedition Leader
I'm really curious as to what kind of loads you've had in it and how the engine dealt with the larger tires under heavy loads. The big gap between gears 3 and 4 would seem to become more problematic the larger the tire and the heavier the load.

FG Surfari

Adventurer
Hi Mark

The 37" tires were the way to go for me, as I am a beach bum. That said, the fit is quite tight, but there is no rubbing anywhere with the stock suspension setup. Looks like the tires the truck should have come with.
As for the wheel manufacturer, I got the rims from Earth Cruisers AU, out on the west coast. Nice people.
The body, is a year 2000 Supreme body off of a old Trugreen truck. It is light weight, and a great base for a camper.
I have always loved the look of that body with the fender flares etc... Like the tires, it looks like it came with the truck, or so I am told.
Oh yea, as for adverse effects from the new tires/rims, I find that the Fuso accelerates quicker, and the RPM's are down about 10-15% at cruising speed. There is some tire noise, but combined with the whistle of the turbocharger, I cannot get enough of it.
So far, the project has exceeded my expectations. The truck is a complete joy to drive and own, and I have met literally hundreds of cool people in the process. All good.

Last edited:

FG Surfari

Adventurer
As for the decal, I actually created it myself, albeit, based on an idea that I found online.
The people doing it were using poor graphics. As such, I created this version with a more accurate Godzilla, as well as more "encyclopedia looking" animal images.
The last step was to convert my work to a vector image, which allows enlargement without distortion, as the image is comprised of straight lines.
Much better than the Calvin peeing on somebody elses brand logo kind of crap, as the point is made without taking something away from someone elses idea of cool.

Last edited:

FG Surfari

Adventurer
The new tires and rims have a higher load capacity than the old tires and rims (per tire/rim), and as I haul nothing but kayaks and coolers, I do not forsee a problem. As for the camper build, I plan on taking the Lotus path of "lighter is better"
I cannot imagine that weight will be a factor in anything that I have planned for this truck.
Hope that helps.

FG Surfari

Adventurer
Currently the body is empty, with some marine grade carpeting and a translucent skylight.
Space is tight given the 10' length, but as I plan on building the interior on the spirit of a VW Syncro Westy more than a Winnebago, all is good.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Currently the body is empty, with some marine grade carpeting and a translucent skylight.
Space is tight given the 10' length, but as I plan on building the interior on the spirit of a VW Syncro Westy more than a Winnebago, all is good.

Thanks for all the info.
I’ve been trying to resist the Super Single Urge and your truck sure is not helping me resist that.:Wow1:

It looks great with the big tires and the Trugreen body. And like you said, if you treat it as a big VW Westy instead of a small Winnebago it will work just fine.
I think all the other ‘beach bums’ will vote you King with that rig!

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
I would really love to see a few side veiw photos.

It looks like a really great rig. Is there a pass through to the TG body? Doors on the passenger side of the body or both sides? (Something towards the front makes me unable to decide if it is a door or just decoration)

It looks like a really nice truck, congrats.

FG Surfari

Adventurer
There is a single door on the passenger side of the box that opens upward, making a great awning, by the way. There was an additional door next to it, but I have since blocked it in.
As for a pass through, I hope to coordinate that effort with installing some suspension seats, but that will be some time down the road.
I will try to take some additional photos, including a side shot, and post them this evening.

Last edited:

FG Surfari

Adventurer
additional photos

I have posted some additional photos of the Fuso.
I threw the bike in there as it kind of completes the package.

Attachments

• Fuso and Iona Sound 010.jpg
    Fuso and Iona Sound 010.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Fuso and Iona Sound 020.jpg
    Fuso and Iona Sound 020.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Fuso and Iona Sound 022.jpg
    Fuso and Iona Sound 022.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Fuso and Iona Sound 014.jpg
    Fuso and Iona Sound 014.jpg
    539.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Fuso and Iona Sound 013.jpg
    Fuso and Iona Sound 013.jpg
    556.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Fuso and Iona Sound 024.jpg
    Fuso and Iona Sound 024.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Fuso and Iona Sound 029.jpg
    Fuso and Iona Sound 029.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 129

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Yes, it definitely does look like this body was purpose built for your truck.
Nice clean lines... I like it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles