Just ordered. My new 2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon!!!!

bueller44

Just finished working a deal and placing my order for my new Firecracker Red Rubicon 4 JLU. I am so excited to finally have done it. Was a pretty good experience. Of course I think my JKU is worth more than they are offering, but I will see if I can sell it privately between now and when the new JLU comes in.

Essentially I chose every option with the exception of the smokers group. Went with the body colored top and fenders. Totally loaded.
My son works for Dodge/Jeep as a mechanic at a different dealership so I was going to get his employee pricing. I started out by saying that I want the best price - if the employee pricing is the best, awesome - but I know of at least 3 people in British Columbia that have gotten $500 over invoice. The sales guy said that the employee pricing would be the best. I didn’t mention that I had a price from my son’s dealership that was actually about $1500-1700 over invoice - so I know it can be better.

Anyhow, the sales manager came back - I assume the sales guy said something to him - and I have $300 over invoice. Best part was that they actually gave me their copy showing MRSP and invoice (which I had already from our great forums) and he showed my the pricing that I had worked out on my own +$300. I’m pretty happy with this!! Actually, I am ecstatic!!!

Now the waiting begins - but I should be driving it by May long weekend (when all the snow and gravel is off the highways).

This is what it will look like - but I stuck with the standard rims, not these ones.

d0010f54488e0fa9a292d9cab1b5faf6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Nice! Love the JL in red... pics don't do the colour justice. In person, it looks really sharp.

What are your plans for it?

pittsburgh

tacocat
I walked around a silver one at the dealer yesterday, and thought it looks like the almost perfect package! Congrats I am excited for you can't wait to see pics!

maguro

Congratulations. I also placed my order on a JLUR in Punk'n this week.

I was fortunate to get invoice pricing through the Chrysler Advantage plan. However, it looks like the dealers in Toronto are offering invoice with no doc fee to anyone who walks through their doors. Lucky bastards!

The base Rubicon comes loaded with so many features so I only added a few options. The hardtop and cold weather package for our Canadian winters and the LED lights.

Should be more than sufficient for my needs. Plus I prefer the looks of the standard Rubicon wheels over the upgraded ones.

harv3589

Adventurer
Quieter to drive in, less road noise but I was disappointed that it still has the typical Jeep wander in the steering. Thought they would have fixed that.

oldnslow

Observer
Quieter to drive in, less road noise but I was disappointed that it still has the typical Jeep wander in the steering. Thought they would have fixed that.

That may be due to the tires more than anything else. I remember when I switched from BFG All Terrains to Mud Terrains on my TJ a few years back the wandering increased a LOT. I bet if you put some good road tires on it would steer much better, but then it wouldn't be much good off-road anymore.

ratled

Adventurer
That may be due to the tires more than anything else. I remember when I switched from BFG All Terrains to Mud Terrains on my TJ a few years back the wandering increased a LOT. I bet if you put some good road tires on it would steer much better, but then it wouldn't be much good off-road anymore.

I would say not. I just did a leveling kit and upgraded a few parts and it was a night & day difference. No more slop, no more drift, float or anything... and I didn't change the tires. Steering is a Jeep thing while noise is MT to AT.

@ bueller44 have you scene Way of Life on You Tube and their new JL series? It is worth your time to check it out and live vicariously through them until yours arrives.

ratled

HRPINDC

Adventurer

JLRs come with K02s already. May have been overfilled though. That being said, I've never thought my JKUR “wandered”.

ivers

Observer
Congrats on your purchase, I did go to the dealership yesterday after reading your story, at 55k before taxe it is way higher then what I can afford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles