Just joined the FWC family.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
Friday we put our money down on a new slide-in Granby.

We found a great deal on a floor model at our local dealer (Denver) that made the decision easy.

I want to thank everyone who responded to my post about finding a flatbed. In the end, the additional cost was hard to justify compared to the slide-in.

Now I just need to sell my 4-Runner and find a truck!!! After Expo of course.......

Andy Douglass

Bought ours last August. Have spent around 50 nights in it and done about 10k miles. You will love it. Like any camper, there are always compromises, but for high speed/low drag camping with a decent bit of convenience and luxury, it can't be beat.

outdoornate65

Adventurer
Bought ours last August. Have spent around 50 nights in it and done about 10k miles. You will love it. Like any camper, there are always compromises, but for high speed/low drag camping with a decent bit of convenience and luxury, it can't be beat.
Thanks Andy.

Understand about the compromises. Before settling on a truck/FWC we looked at several options including adventure trailers....teardrops....van builds.
The truck camper combo will give us true 4WD and no towing. Add "RV like" systems and a tiny-house feel and we were sold. No more standing under the liftgate of my 4Runner in the rain.

July 23rd is install date at RMFWC here in Denver. One month.....

Trikebubble

Adventurer
Thanks Andy.

Understand about the compromises. Before settling on a truck/FWC we looked at several options including adventure trailers....teardrops....van builds.
The truck camper combo will give us true 4WD and no towing. Add "RV like" systems and a tiny-house feel and we were sold. No more standing under the liftgate of my 4Runner in the rain.

One of the things I like most about our FWC is that in bad weather (rain, snow, etc) we can be seated inside very comfortably within a couple minutes. Crack a cold beer, or make a hot coffee, then chill out in the warmth of the furnace and decide what to do.

tacollie

Glamper
Thanks Andy.

Nice! Our shell gets installed July 17th at RMFWC.

tacollie

Glamper
Colorado Springs. We wanted to buy a used one and gut it. We ended up ordering a shell model with a couple add ons.

We wanted to retain 4wd. We also got sick of climbing over a trail gate. We are excited to move away from the janky flippac. A furnace is nice to warm up after a cold day. No more huddling around the Mr Buddy heater in the flippac! No more banging my back on the third light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles