Just begging for a wisecrack . . .

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
Rovers North emailed me their holiday specials, which included a multitool that incorporates a flashlight:

RNG2014.jpg

A Land Rover multi-tool with an electrical component? Hmm . . .

gjackson

FRGS
It's a bizzare world. If LRs were so bad no one would want them! Yet half the people on this list would give their left nut for a Defender 110/130. I have the inappropriate urge to make a sexist comparison (sorry ladies, I'm not usually led to these things); Land Rovers are like Bond girls (or super models): really sexy, very good for what you want them for, but unlikely to last for very long. Everything else is like all the other girls: I'll leave you to make the comparison.

Now just imagine you had a bond girl (super model) who did last the long run. That is the Land Rover we are all looking for. And they are out there, but they require a lot of work and caring for, just as you might expect. A lot of time and expense and worry, but DAMN are they worth it! :wings:

:drool: :ylsmoke:

cheers

david despain

Adventurer
Jonathan Hanson said:
Rovers North emailed me their holiday specials, which included a multitool that incorporates a flashlight:

RNG2014.jpg

A Land Rover multi-tool with an electrical component? Hmm . . .

every series owner should never be without a second light source after dark :ylsmoke:

\\'anderer

Adventurer
gjackson said:
It's a bizzare world. If LRs were so bad no one would want them! Yet half the people on this list would give their left nut for a Defender 110/130.

Good point, I worked on many european vehicles (years ago). Once you get past the infamous Lucas electronics and jokes, LRs are'nt so bad. I havent worked on a LR in over 18 years though, is Lucas still around?

What i really want to know is, what's the tool with the hole in the end of it?

View attachment 4258

gjackson

FRGS
Lucas still around?

Lucas, prince of darkness, is still around in name. I believe he is immortal! I think BMW killed the internals and replaced them with Bosch. My truck has nothing that says Lucas. Apart from the odds and ends that Special Vehicles put on.

Which is sad, come to think of it. My Bond girl forgot how to be bad!!

:sunny:

cheers

Scott Brady

Founder
Looks are in the eye of the beholder.

The guy that puts a '72 Camaro on a blazer frame thinks he is going to get all of the ladies...

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
The Purdey shotgun, the Mauser 98, the Mont Blanc pen, the Klepper sea kayak, the Rolex Explorer, the Land Rover. Others may copy and even improve on them, but they will always be the icons.

Interesting that the icons always have the most fun made of them (even by their owners!).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier