Jumping Battery Monitor????

Tress

Adventurer
Hey all,
Im having some strange issue with my battery monitor, its a Xantrex Link 10 and the amp reading just started jumping back and fourth by a .5/.8 amp. When i first installed it it was fine but then after a while of connecting and re-connecting a few things it started this behavior. Basically the amp reading is always fluctuating by around .7 or .8 amps, for example if its reading around -1 then the monitor jumps from -1 up to -1.7 and then back to -1.1 then back up; the voltage reads accurate as does the ah reading and time remaining in batts reading. So far i have disconnected everything from the batt to try to find the issue, and the only time the amp reading stay s steady is when nothing besides the monitor is connected. The only thing i cud figure after all my trouble shooting was that perhaps the monitor is gone bad and the next step is to ship it back, but i wanted to check in to see if anyone had any suggestions otherwise??? Would the fact that the monitor holds steady when nothing is connected besides batt mean its fined? Cuz really thats the only thing keeping me from sending it back, thanks in advnace for any info, take care abody!!! Enjoy the ride

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:) Tress, I don't know how old your van is, but it probably has at least ONE clock and possibly a security system and these draw enough to drain batteries over long period of shutdown

You may also have elec. windows,doors,door actuated overhead lites--it's endless, but probably something simple

:gunt: JIMBO

Tress

Adventurer
Hey Jimbo,
Thanks for the input, my van is an 84 but the batt monitor is only monitoring the aux system i just recently installed, furthermore the main electrical harness for the van runs off the starting batt and my system is completely isolated from all of that. Ive gone thorugh all the connections many times now and im sure the ground is good because everything else works great, im completely stumped with regard to this monitor, im just praying that Xantrex finds the same problem as I. Either way thanks agin for your help, ill keep ya posted on the results....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94