Joyota , my cj5 i guess its a "gladiator" build now

Smileyshaun

Observer
had a little free time and got the rear shock tower bent up, need to put it on the Jeep before I decide where to drill out the shock holes

Smileyshaun

Observer
Think I have the placement just about right now need to cycle the suspension one more time before I burn it into place

Smileyshaun

Observer
Been waiting around this morning for a late truck at work so with my free time I put together a front driveline. it's not perfect but should work good enough finish dialing in the suspension and make a good spare .

Smileyshaun

Observer
had to move it out of my buddies shop because he has a lot of projects going on at the moment and I'm not doing diddly squat on it right now but this is really the first time I've been able to step back and look at it . still feels like it's soooooooo far from being on the trail .

Smileyshaun

Observer
Nice updates, this continues to be rad.

thanks I hope to be back on it here soon , moving it from my buddies shop to my dad's house so it gives me a little more time to work on it and help him with projects around his house he's not able to do anymore . I figure it will be easier to squeeze in couple hours here and there rather then trying to get a whole day in

Smileyshaun

Observer
Well how about some updates , biggest update is there's a possibility that I may sell the jeep to help with buying a house . With that possibility I don't want to sell it as a complete project so I've been busting butt getting stuff done .

shock towers are in

moved the front axle forward 2" for a better shackle angle

ex m38a1er

Adventurer
I admire your courage.
Wouldn't it be easier to just stretch and reinforce the original chassis and tub and do an engine swap?

Smileyshaun

Observer
I admire your courage.
Wouldn't it be easier to just stretch and reinforce the original chassis and tub and do an engine swap?

yes and no , stock frame had seen better days had some cracking going on so reinforcing it and working in New mounts for everything would have been more work then swapping frames .
I wanted something very uniqe and one of a kind
I can go to a parts store and get replacement parts for a 87 Toyota pu , I have taken great care to try and keep most everything as close to stock as possible, wiring, brake lines, mounts ect are all stock.

ex m38a1er

Adventurer
You are right.It is unique and one of a kind indeed.
And heck !!!!! I've just noticed that we are in the Toyota section LOL !!!!!!!
Firgive me,I'm just a romantic ex m38a1 owner driving a wrangler TJ for the last 10 years :)

Smileyshaun

Observer
got a little more work done , gas tank is mounted , bed is back on and got the fuel filler almost hooked up. managed to make the stock Toyota fuel filler work .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles