Joolca HOTTAP v2 fuel supply questions.

dbhost

I am taking a shot in the dark here hoping someone will be able to answer this for me...

The Joolca HOTTAP v2 doesn't appear to use standard "Disposable" thread hoses or connections, but rather what looks like a POL tank connection with a regulator, and their proprietary Gas Knect quick connect gas fitting on the appliance end.

And they supply it with a mere 1.2m fuel hose.

In imperial measurement terms, that's roughly 4 feet.

Now that is just a, well pretty much useless connection for my way of thinking.

I am considering the HOTTAP V2 but am trying to work out how to supply fuel to it.

I can figure out how to connect to a tank and split the supply out for multiple appliances using a propane Y fitting, and a Century safety tri post distribution post. This would allow me to conntect Joolca to one side of the Y, the Century with stove, buddy heater, and latnern on the other. And that way I can run off of a single tank instead of having to suck up space for multiple tanks.

HOWEVER, this is still imited to that 1.2 m hose... Meaning the Joolca would either have to be in the "kitchen" or the lantern would be put up next to the privy tent.

What decently longer, say 12 to 18 footer, hose with regulator can I use to actually get the Joolca away from the tank?

dbhost

I finally found a picture of the fittings the fittings they use... looks like a POL to POL hose... A female POL to female throwaway bottle thread adapter would allow me to use my 18' Camco hose...

I think I will talk to the propane supplier in Pasadena about how to convert / extend this...

Last edited:

dbhost

A highpressure extension hose is not elegant, but probably easiest plug-n-play solutionView attachment 662898

I have one of those, an 18' from Camco. And I think my head just figured it out. Thanks... I think the Gas Knect wil install into the POL just at the regulator.

Looking at it again, that doesn't look like a POL, that looks like a flare.
gasknect_web1_2048x.png

This would be a lot easier if Joolca support would be able to answer the question. But if I could just run an extension hose with no regulator, in front of the Joolca hose, then so tank --> extension hose --> Joolca hose --> Gas Knect --> Hottap.

@Verkstad I have a hose similar to that, but it does not have the black plastic surround on the male POL end, but rather just a spinner ring on it. Either 12, or 18 feet long I don't recall. WIth the Joolca hose that will give me at least 18 feet to get away from the tank over to the tent and hook up to the HOTTAP, I am good with that... The idea is I don't want the shower / toilet right where the stove / kitchen are... Ewww...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles