Johny5's stealth camper van

The Artisan

Adventurer
Could the same conversion be done to a box truck?

M11857.1.jpg

like this?
Get a ford box truck and do a Ujoint kit or send it to them.
Kevin

Johny5

Adventurer
I like the GMs too . The converion is not bad but you have to so a some cutting and welding .
I daily drive my van and love having a bed and bath room where ever I go. We have been getting a lot of snow latley and the van is doing great in the snow.

86cj

Explorer
Could the same conversion be done to a box truck?

M11857.1.jpg

like this?

Quigley does 4x4 those GM box trucks with some restrictions, I agree about a good choice for home built camper. I would however like a straight axle like most people and love Jonnys vans.

fredycruger

This is the simple transmission mount .

I also had my buddy plasma cut out some new clean radius arm mounts for the frame . I'll get more pic of these shortly .
I'm planing on another conversion after this one so I wanted a kit

do you have those brackets for sale ?

I love your van
awesome fab skills
what transfer case did you use ?

thank you

fredycruger

Never mind found it

Thanks guys .
The tcase is a manual shift np 241 from a 90's chev pu . The adapter is from the same .
It's all bolt on but you have to cut 3 inches off the output of the tranny and 5/8 off the t case input .
Also made a new tranny mount but a guy can probably modify the stock one .
I'll have more pics up soon.

DzlToy

Explorer
photo-phucket wants $450 per year for third party hosting from account holders with previously free or cheap, so the interwebs has been broken.

Google is your friend.

Silverhorse

Adventurer
You can download a plugin for firefox or google chrome that will allow you to see all of the pics. I put up a post somewhere in here about it, do a quick search for "photobucket fix" and it should pop up.

Not only can I now see the pictures through Chrome but Firefox, which i usually use was causing my computer to be SUPER SLOW!!! You sir are my new Computer repair man, THANK YOU!! (my computer guy couldn't figure it out.. BTW)

TDIJ

Looks like you added a crossmember back in under the engine... I have cut the crossmember out and am trying to decide if am going to replace it somehow, or how I am going to reinforce the motor mount area if not. Any pictures of how you fit that crossmember?

Johny5

Adventurer
I have tons of but finding them will take a while to find . Basicly I cut cross member flush to bottom of frame then plate them back in . I weld 4 stover nuts on the inside of the filler plates . Then I make matting plates that bolt on . Then some tube tying them together

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles