Joe's Gen3 4Runner Daily Driver & Overland Rig

Wayaway

So.. I broke it. Or, I think that it was something that simply failed. It's in the shop, we shall see. The working theory is that it's the Transfer Case Actuator. It's in the shop now..

Before the 170 mile tow, I got some good photos out at the Salton Sea. I'd never been to the abandoned Navy Pier before.524003

And.. because I had the itch to spend the night in the desert, I threw the panniers on my Thruxton and headed back out for an overnighter about a mile in on the Great Southern Overland Stage Route.

Wayaway

So, the 4Runner is back in action. From the research that we did, there were 2 gear ratios for the '01.. 3.91 & 4.88. What we missed was the *.. If you have the tow package, you got 4.10s.

So with 4.10s in the front and 3.91s in the rear - I was very uncool.

Thankfully, the 3rd member from the 01 was interchangeable with the 04. Problem solved.

Wayaway

My GF and I got in a 3 dayer to Joshua Tree and a few places in-between.

A few pix:

Our glamp setup in the back of the 4runner.

Box Canyon.. sausages, whiskey, camp fire and lots of bats flying around protecting us from bugs.

I'm quite excited about this photo.
A few years back, I was not able to pass this spot in my Forester. This time.. no sweat.

Panorama on one of the JTNP dirt roads.

Lynna points the way..

Good times.

thezentree

pretend redneck
Cool pics. I was sitting on my front porch with a cup of coffee a little while ago, staring at my 3rd gen in the driveway and wishing I was in the woods. At least I can live vicariously through pics on ExPo haha.

Wayaway

Cool pics. I was sitting on my front porch with a cup of coffee a little while ago, staring at my 3rd gen in the driveway and wishing I was in the woods. At least I can live vicariously through pics on ExPo haha.
I was just out and about and I'm sitting here at work dreaming (on ExPo) about being out there again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles