JL to many electronics for the own good?

So far mine has been extraordinary I am totally diggin it!. I picked it up in idaho great deal $6500 off Msrp ( no one in Californai is dealin) Then I drove west out of idaho to the 395 in Oregon then south. Big storm, rain high winds Jeep is rock solid. Stayed in lake view Oregon then next day headed south along 395. Still raining and at about 7500 feet itis now snowing! . So I thought this old san diego boy is gonna play in the snow and I turned up the road toward virgina lakes. It is really dumping now. Everyone up there seemd to be leaving and it was cold abotu 32. So I tried out the 4 wheel drive... flawless.

I got the cold weather package becasue some day H... just might freeze over and I want to be prepared. This is a cool thing if the temp drops below a certain number the heated seat and sterring wheel automatically turns on nice when I didn't have any thing but a rain jacket a dn afew layers.

Stayed at June lake that night and drove down 395 to just north of Independence turned off on a few desert traisl to check out the Owens river maybe do a spot of fishing but not knowing much about the river it looked pretty bad for trout. So I headed out Mazourka canyon road and up to Santa Rita flat where I had lived in a tent for 6 week during my gelogogy summer field class days in 1976. I was amazed to see that the gps had trails on it that there was almost no trace of in the field. Just to the right of the forest road sign there is another trail that you can barely make out in the field. yep this is sweet. and as tribute to my old friend Burley GIrl there is a couple of pictures of her MY 08 JKUR too.

Attachments

• Idevils gate MG_7769.jpg
    Idevils gate MG_7769.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 46
  • on the way to virgina lakes.jpg
    on the way to virgina lakes.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 46
  • leaving june lake .jpg
    leaving june lake .jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 44
  • near sant rita flat IMG_7810.jpg
    near sant rita flat IMG_7810.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 38
  • GPS .jpg
    GPS .jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 36
  • jeep front view .jpg
    jeep front view .jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 40
  • jeep side view _edited-1.jpg
    jeep side view _edited-1.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 39

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
Awesome- did you have any trouble with the steering on 395 (hiway) speeds-??

How do you like that new (LOCKER) lever ??

Looking good !

JIMBO

haven't had to use use it yet. But is seems way simpler than my old jku. Also when wheelin switch the auto to manual mode and shift like amnual only without the clutch Best of both worlds.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
My 2011 JKUR is full of electronics with pretty much every computer you can think of.

Through 32,000 miles of West African mud, water and corrugations it's been rock solid, never a blip.
It has about 120k miles on the clock now, going great.

I've had water over the hood many, many times, and covering the tires (therefore all the wheel sensors) literally thousands of times.
africa-jeep-gabon-water-hole-720x480.jpg

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles