JKU Storage Build Out

Yuke

Adventurer
So storage has been on my list of to do items for some time now. Things are finally starting to move forward so I wanted to start documenting the progress.

As a starting point, lets look at a fully packed vehicle last year on one of my trips.

The only addition here was the Teraflex interior cargo shelf. You can see I removed the front upper support in order to have easier access when it was mounted higher.

I was using FrontRunner Wolf Packs and Pelicans to pack our gear and a Grizzly 40Qt Cooler to house all of our food and drink.

Yuke

Adventurer
I knew I did not want to drill in to the factory tub. I avoid drilling at all costs. On Facebook I came across a company called Black Forest that makes these bolt in panels for a slide that they offer. The slide dimensions looked to fit my ARB. The front panel bolts to the front two tie downs, and the rear panel bolts to the rear tie downs. the slide then combines the two panels and makes things more rigid.

Well, the measurements online were a mistake and the slides are made for indel B fridges. The slide went back, but I am keeping the plates to attach an ARB slide. The other half of the plates will serve as a mounting point for my drawers.

Yuke

Adventurer

A good friends woodshop will be my home base for this project.

Starting on the rear drawers!

jimmy78

Looks good so far. Are you going to have enough clearance to fit the fridge with slide and those plates underneath the Teraflex rack? I recently saw this company too online to.

tarditi

Explorer
The baseplates are an interesting idea. Subbing to watch the build out. BTW - you need some better sort of cargo restraint system for your 6-packs!

jeep670

Adventurer
Looking forward to your storage ideas.
I am usually looking for less permanent solutions as my storage needs change with the kind of trip we take (ie. long distance travel vs. camping, etc).
Here's how we rolled (2 adults and 1 child) for a 24 days/8500km trip a couple of years ago.
I had the smaller segment of the rear bench (behind driver) removed to fit our ARB fridge, with room to spare. I even removed the subwoofer to get enough space to fit 3 of those black boxes instead of only 2.
This setup worked perfect for that trip but it wouldn't work as good for a camping trip given the kind of equipment we use. I use the roof rack a lot more for camping.

ccd3e6e03311bd8bb91a5146cbceb1d6.jpg

IMO, the fridge occupies way too much volume in the 'trunk'. I suggest you try what I did and see how it fits you.

Nice color, by the way ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94