JKU Rear Seat Removal and Aluminum Tray Build

dmc1

Adventurer
I decided to remove the 60 side of my 60/40 rear seat in my JKU and build a tray to take its place.

I started with a bracket that lets you remove the 60 side of the seat. This brackets gives the 40 side seat a place to attach to the floor. I then used a wide plank aluminum cargo carrier and cut it down to the size I wanted. I reassembled and installed in the Jeep with brackets I made to bolt to the existing seat mounting locations.

Now I just need to remove and paint it all black.

Last edited:

TheDriver

Observer
The bracket that is no more...

Was very stoked to see that Synergy Jeep JK Unlimited Three Seat Bracket as I'm doing a similar build-update with my 09. I have had both rear seats out since I bought it and use the Kilby floor kit (also not made anymore). Now, with a new kid on the way I need that 40% seat but don't want to lose my sleeping area on the passenger side. After a bunch of calling around and ending up with Synergy on Monday I found that they are not in stock anywhere, not being made anymore and not available from Synergy as a one-off. His suggestion was to contact a local shop to make one and I may go that route with a shop he recommended in Reno. If anyone happens across this thread and has one for sale I'd be very happy!

Chris

dmc1

Adventurer
Nicely done! Is that the one available from Harbor Freight?

Thanks for the compliment. I do not know if this carrier is available at HF. I never saw one like it there. I found this one on Amazon. I actually had to buy two of them so I would have enough of the planks to make mine have a solid bottom. I like to re-purpose stuff...

Last edited:

dmc1

Adventurer
Was very stoked to see that Synergy Jeep JK Unlimited Three Seat Bracket as I'm doing a similar build-update with my 09. I have had both rear seats out since I bought it and use the Kilby floor kit (also not made anymore). Now, with a new kid on the way I need that 40% seat but don't want to lose my sleeping area on the passenger side. After a bunch of calling around and ending up with Synergy on Monday I found that they are not in stock anywhere, not being made anymore and not available from Synergy as a one-off. His suggestion was to contact a local shop to make one and I may go that route with a shop he recommended in Reno. If anyone happens across this thread and has one for sale I'd be very happy!

Chris

Chris, get in touch with Ryan at Xtreme Offroad and see if he can help you. I contacted him through the wrangler forum. If you are a member there send me a PM and I'll give you some additional information that might help.

I was going to make mine, I just didn't have time when I wanted to do this mod and I found one so I bought it.

I may have to make some of these when I finish my woodworking project in my shop. Too much dust and wood right now to get the welders blazin!

Good luck.

TheDriver

Observer
Thanks for the tip! I called Xtreme today and they confirmed they didn't have any more brackets. If you have any thoughts on getting one made I'd love to hear em :) I've found a bunch of photos online that I could take to a fab shop in Reno but no actual dimensioned drawings so far.

Chris

KevinsMap

Adventurer
Thanks for the tip! I called Xtreme today and they confirmed they didn't have any more brackets. If you have any thoughts on getting one made I'd love to hear em :) I've found a bunch of photos online that I could take to a fab shop in Reno but no actual dimensioned drawings so far.

Chris

Another option:

http://store.adventuretrailers.com/jk-seat-belt-mount/

CIMG6659__64229.1375400184.451.416.JPG

This is the one I used. The fit was adequate and functional, but benefited from small modifications. Very strong, tough steel, so those small mods require real tools. It seems an expensive piece until you quote a custom one ;-)

dmc1

Adventurer
I may make a few when I finish a huge woodworking project I have going in my shop right now. Gotta get all of that cleaned up before I can weld again...The woodworking project is the only reason I did not make my own. My bracket was ~$55.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne