JKU in floor OBA and cargo floor project

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Thanks: do you have a trailer build thread going. Love to check it out! Amazing how plans can change so quickly. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Definitely have to get creative with such limited space.

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

rubicon91

Explorer
Thanks: do you have a trailer build thread going. Love to check it out! Amazing how plans can change so quickly. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Definitely have to get creative with such limited space.

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

Lol yes I have a trailer build that consists of look what i bought and that is it currently. I got it about 6 weeks ago now and then the jeep stuff happened so still trying to figure out what I want to do with it. Definitely want to extend the hitch think a lock and roll hitch and a frame to hold rtt and cover but more hammering out what I want to do with it at this moment. Rhino line inside and underneath. Also looking at maybe switching axle to a 5x5 and match jeep tires. It is a 47 bantam tc3. We shall see this site is by far my favorite to visit and get ideas and try to make happen. Good news for me is summer is unbearable here so lots of beach and zero camping so plenty of time to try and get it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expedition Essentials

Either way. Very good starting point. I did it the hard way. If I had it to do over: I'd still go the hard way :)

Expedition Essentials

Picked up the parts from the powder coater today. Came out awesome.

b12893d25dad6d59bbc3126a3db496dc.jpg
]
cd121481dc1728d820c518917b5a4f0f.jpg

JCDriller

Adventurer
Are you going to use anything to seal the tub to the box to ensure if you pass through deeper water you dont flood the compressor? Great job on this project, I really like it alot!
1!

Expedition Essentials

Are you going to use anything to seal the tub to the box to ensure if you pass through deeper water you dont flood the compressor? Great job on this project, I really like it alot!
1!

Thanks!!!

Yes, I'm using a bulb seal on the bottom of the flange.

Expedition Essentials

What is the process to access the cubby while out on the trail?

Actually I won't ever need to access it unless I have a problem with my compressor. I will have my fridge slide and a storage box mounted above it. For someone else it would be easily accessible by removing gear etc.

My gage panel and quick disconnect are now mounted inside the hardtop. Not a problem for me because I never remove my top.

24406b994542e1c24579eaaad5d0e5c2.jpg

gfe jeep

Interesting build! My compressor is under the hood, air tank is behind the radiator and I have air access in the back and under the front bumper. The cubby hole will get an additional gas tank. that's why I didn't use that space. Great job and nice finished product!

Expedition Essentials

Interesting build! My compressor is under the hood, air tank is behind the radiator and I have air access in the back and under the front bumper. The cubby hole will get an additional gas tank. that's why I didn't use that space. Great job and nice finished product!

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles