JKU in floor OBA and cargo floor project

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
Finally finished, turned out pretty good: definitely happy with it. Had a chance to go out on sunday; 10 minutes to air up, ill take it :)

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Expedition Essentials

All back together. Plenty of room for my roof box to open up now.

c565e8a9efa5278436a2352ff3b1f865.jpg

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Nice work. Looks very clean. By chance did you weigh it. I'd like to know the weight of the false floor with the hatch. No inside box. For reference my wooden false floor weights 25 lbs.

Expedition Essentials

I didn't weigh it after I trimmed the aluminum. I did weigh the sheet when I picked it up from the supplier and it was around 30lbs. Should be around 25 now.

Sent using a squirrel raised from birth by a flock of well trained carrier pigeons.

lysol

Explorer
I see you have what looks like an exhaust vent with a fan. Where is the intake vent? ... or vice versa depending on how you have the fan configured.

Expedition Essentials

I see you have what looks like an exhaust vent with a fan. Where is the intake vent? ... or vice versa depending on how you have the fan configured.

The fan is an intake fan activated with a 100deg thermostat. The air exhaust through the gap in the cargo floor to jeep floor.

Expedition Essentials

The fan is an intake fan activated with a 100deg thermostat. The air exhaust through the gap in the cargo floor to jeep floor.

Not everything. Would have loved a built in juicer. :)

In AZ the fan would definitely have to be switch activated. Lived in phx for 6 years i know that heat all to well.

Walldog01

Any chance you could fab me up a switch panel if I send you the drawing? For a fee of course?

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

Expedition Essentials

Any chance you could fab me up a switch panel if I send you the drawing? For a fee of course?

The difference between theory and practice is.. In theory there is no difference.

Totally could as long as you weren't in a big hurry. I'm out of town next week and camping Memorial Day weekend. So it would have to be done on the following weekend. I only have weekends for my hobbies due to my weekdays being full. Full time job and little one.

Expedition Essentials

Started another one for a buddy: this one is going to have a half door to allow for storage access with the fridge mounted.

e8ea2e38ebf8f42d8ebc5f7b7b92a0cd.jpg
a6bbf56c992714157995a0f88a3f03ec.jpg
74712c4fda163f16acaa74f1863461a6.jpg
89bd7eaad63f08e188ade2fc3b43f8e5.jpg
52b3561f56d2a15f384c1c5bcce8b443.jpg
2ba61119401d27ddd6abe0bd10d721ef.jpg
f2439a6e5750d1a8050d380768d6b2d9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Started another one fora buddy: this one is going to have a half door to allow for storage access with the fridge mounted.

a6bbf56c992714157995a0f88a3f03ec.jpg

I love it when an early step of a project involves cutting a huge hole in the back of a JKU!. :bowdown:

That is going to be an impressive amount of new storage when complete... very cool! Please keep us updated. Well done, sir!!

Last edited:

Expedition Essentials

I love it when an early step of a project involves cutting a huge hole in the back of a JKU!. :bowdown:

That is going to be an impressive amount of new storage when complete... very cool! Please keep us updated. Well done, sir!!

Definitely a fun project, going to be a pretty awesome setup. Thanks mike.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior