JK Tailgate Tables - The lowdown

boatpeople12

Springtail M-PAC Tail Gate Table

I just installed the Springtail M-PAC Molle Table in one of the BJeepin Adventures JKU's. Let me say it looks to be a great product well built and easy to install
Thanks Springtail
Sorry could not get pics to load you can see pics at our Facebook page for BJeepin Adventures

Glenn Gent
Co- Founder
BJeepin Adventures

Jzsquared

Can someone that owns the adventure trailers trailgater tell me if the unit blocks the vent on the bottom on the tail gate when closed. It's hard to tell from the pics and I want to keep the air flow when driving with the windows down.

Matt

Adventurer
I have one installed in my 2015 JKU. It blocks most of the lower vent but there is a large vent on the section of the tailgate that angles in towards the interior of the Jeep behind the tailgate handle that isn't blocked at all. Not sure if all model years have that vent though.

Matt

Adventurer
I forgot to mention, Rebel Offroad sells the exact same product for the same price and guarantees them in stock. I bought mine from them, great service. Just an FYI in case AT is out of stock and you want it sooner than later.

Jzsquared

Thanks for the reply , it looks like a very nice unit but I would be worried getting that darn thumping like when I try driving my Grand Cherokee. I buy a damn $45k rig and can't even enjoy the windows down on a nice day.
My JK is just my toy and don't want to not enjoy it.

Scrmncheef

I made mine for less than 20.00. I got a parts shelf from work. (FREE). I went to Lowes and bought a piano hinge, frame hanging kit and magnets. The magnets worked good until I shut the gate. So now I use a bungee.
20150325_190934.jpg
20150325_192647 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Espo78

Adventurer
I can't imagine those tools would stay put if you are bouncing around off road. Good job on the fab though.

siebermd

Adventurer
I also have the Springtail and I really like it. I have the molle bags that it came with stuffed full of EDC items and it is more than handy.

I just installed a Springtail MPAc rear table in my JK. It was everything I wanted. Price was good and it is a no drill installation. Installation is quick and easy. Nice fit and finish with good hardware. It has spring loaded pins keep the table up when not in use and rubber pads to prevent rattles. The table also uses paracord to support the table so it doesn’t rattle! The table is also Molle compatible which now I need to get a couple of bags to finish things off
Check out them out if you are in the market for a table. www.springtailsolutions.com

View attachment 245242View attachment 245243

andoor

Observer
After weighting the pros and cons of all the available tables, I decided to go with the Springtail Solutions option. With the addition of some modifications it has been a great product. I added a stainless steel sheet to cover all the hardware for the quick fists and provide a level surface for food prep etc. Also added some LED lighting to help out at night.

IMG_3079.jpgIMG_3080.JPG

shu2kill

hey. i have been thinking about making my tailgate table, and yesterday i found these folding shelf brackets...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Foldi...1-7-8-shelf-support-bracket-NEW-/361298889380

s-l1600.jpg

has any of you used them? when in place the shelf is pretty strong, i saw them physically at a wood shop. not strong enough to stand on them, but i dont know why i would want to stand on it either... i will just use it for my camping stove and light use...

Last edited:

Amphibeast

Adventurer
hey. i have been thinking about making my tailgate table, and yesterday i found these folding shelf brackets...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Foldi...1-7-8-shelf-support-bracket-NEW-/361298889380

s-l1600.jpg

has any of you used them? when in place the shelf is pretty strong, i saw them physically at a wood shop. not strong enough to stand on them, but i dont know why i would want to stand on it either... i will just use it for my camping stove and light use...

Looks like a cool part… other than it looks to be drop down for storage & lift up (puts your table height higher) and rattle concern on bracket itself…. I like it! If you go that route pos & let us know….. I will have to figure out other good advantages & applications!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles