Jk fog light size?

jhill15

Explorer
Anyone willing to measure or know how many inches the stock fog light is on a jk?

I'm trying to find some guards for my patriot fog light and I'm looking at trying these
cc303a44a02e68b74f5dc10e9130f0af.jpg

Or does anyone have these exact guards?

Thanks everyone!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

jhill15

Explorer
4"

If those really are 3", they wouldn't fit a JK.
That's what I'm kinda worried about. If you notice in the picture the tabs to mount them are further out than the ring so I'm wondering if that is where it's 4 inches. Does the bumper cover around the fog lights have trim that cover some of the light assembly? Cause these say the outer hole diameter is 3"

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
That's what I'm kinda worried about. If you notice in the picture the tabs to mount them are further out than the ring so I'm wondering if that is where it's 4 inches. Does the bumper cover around the fog lights have trim that cover some of the light assembly? Cause these say the outer hole diameter is 3"

I threw out my stock bumper...
The hole is definitely bigger than 3" though. The hole on my aftermarket bumper is like 3 7/8" or so.
They either got the 3" thing wrong or they're selling the wrong part.

001_zps0bm6rpzw.jpg

Maybe if you looked on the Omix-ADA website, cross-reference parts for both vehicles? Might come up with a common part.

jhill15

Explorer
I threw out my stock bumper...
The hole is definitely bigger than 3" though. The hole on my aftermarket bumper is like 3 7/8" or so.
They either got the 3" thing wrong or they're selling the wrong part.

001_zps0bm6rpzw.jpg

Maybe if you looked on the Omix-ADA website, cross-reference parts for both vehicles? Might come up with a common part.
I'm thinking the same thing, they either have the measurement listed wrong or...they are selling the turn signal guard and are saying it's for the fog light.

I will check out that website and see if I can find out the difference in diameter between the two.

I dig your bumper, a buddy at work has either the same one, or one that's very close.

Thanks for the help man!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I liked your idea about the turn signals so I went out and measured. 3.5".
Even the side signal is 2.5".
Nothing is 3" on the JK....

There's something screwy about it. You need to find the manufacturer and check with them. Or find another product...

jhill15

Explorer
I do think the pat lights are a little different. but not enough to worry about.
Other than maybe half an inch in diameter and different mounting points they are pretty much the same. I think I can make them work...as long as they don't show up 3" lol.

jhill15

Explorer
I liked your idea about the turn signals so I went out and measured. 3.5".
Even the side signal is 2.5".
Nothing is 3" on the JK....

There's something screwy about it. You need to find the manufacturer and check with them. Or find another product...
Hmmmm yeah something isn't right then. hopefully they will work...worst case I gotta keep searching for the right size guard. I could always check and see if the guy I work with wants them for his turn signals. They would be sweet...although sweeter on my fogs lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne