JK expedition springs

ventura911

Adventurer
How much lift did that give you?

I don't recall what they were when stock, but the bottom edges of the fenders are now 40.5" front/40" rear from street level at a fully-loaded weight of approx. 6400#. The set-up gives a comfortable ride without negatively affecting the off-roading I do.

Last edited:

Weeds

Adventurer
For custom springs, check out Pohl Spring in Spokane, WA. They make springs from mountain bikes to semi trucks. They have been in business since blacksmith days.

Yuke

Adventurer
I don't recall what they were when stock, but the bottom edges of the fenders are now 40.5" front/40" rear from street level at a fully-loaded weight of approx. 6400#. The set-up gives a comfortable ride without negatively affecting the off-roading I do.

Can you give us an idea of the weight in back of your jeep and what is included

ventura911

Adventurer
Can you give us an idea of the weight in back of your jeep and what is included

These are the numbers before I upgraded from my roof rack to the J30; other than the top being a bit lighter, everything else remains the same:

Full aux. (20 @ 6#) and main tanks (42.5 @ 6#) full, water tank (10.6 @ 8.35 = 88.51) empty, tent and camping gear, plus driver

l/f 1400
r/f 1250
front 2650 (@ max spec)

l/r 1900
r/r 1750
rear 3650 (450 over max spec, + water = 538.5 over)

total 6300 (6410 w/ water)

oem gvwr 5500 (stock tires/suspension)
ko2's - 3195 ea. @ 65 psi
Dana 44's - 3200 ea.?

front - OME 619 (90 - 180)
rear -
before: 618 (330)

upgraded: 620 (660)

image.jpg

More info here: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/72945-Expo-Daily-driver-JK-build-(Pic-heavy)

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
The bumpstops are NOT inside the rear springs of the JK. The bumpstops are outside of the spring. Airbags will fit in no problem. I run them and love them. Now, I am not running high springs, only the stockers...but you can call airlift, they will ask you the measurments of the inside of your spring and send you a part number to order.

Mine have worked great for over 2 years now.

Yuke

Adventurer

So the ACOS are a minimum 2 inch lift when on the lowest setting, plus the 2.25 OME springs, you should have about 4 inches of lift or a little more?

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
So the ACOS are a minimum 2 inch lift when on the lowest setting, plus the 2.25 OME springs, you should have about 4 inches of lift or a little more?

I have been looking for better setup for the Jeep. Especially since this past weekend I had the Jeep loaded down and the addition of the Gobi Rack the rear springs just werent holding up to well. Im glad I found this post. What kind of gear do you normally carry that got you to the setup you have now?

ventura911

Adventurer

That sounds pretty accurate. I went from a budget boost to this set-up, so I couldn't compare to my original height.

ventura911

Adventurer
I have been looking for better setup for the Jeep. Especially since this past weekend I had the Jeep loaded down and the addition of the Gobi Rack the rear springs just werent holding up to well. Im glad I found this post. What kind of gear do you normally carry that got you to the setup you have now?

I'm lazy and leave everything loaded up all the time. Here's a list of the basics about the Jeep:

· 2007 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon, 6-spd manual (still with 4.10 gears), 137,000 miles
· Ursa Minor Vehicles J30 camper top (soft top in the garage)
· SoCal Teardrops Scipio awning with annex
· Renogy 150w solar panel
· 35x12.50R17 KO2's on OEM wheels with 1.5" Spidertrax spacers
· GenRight 20 gallon auxiliary fuel tank with Currie Antirock rear swaybar
· Shrockworks front bumper (with Warn PowerPlant and IPF 968 lights), rails, and rear bumper/tire carrier with custom removable bike rack
· Old Man Emu springs (2619’s front, 2620’s rear - 660# needed for weight), long-travel Nitrocharger shocks, and extended brake lines
· JKS ACOS adjustable spacers, driveshafts, and upper control arms
· Dynatrac ProSteer ball joints
· Whelen 3” LED compartment light with both white and red settings
· Vector Offroad JK E-dock with RAM mounts for Cobra 75 WX ST CB and mini iPad
· ARB 50qt fridge/freezer
· Front Runner 10.57 gallon upright water tank with Helton heater and Surflo pump
· Dual butcher block cutting boards/tables
· Pelican cases, two with the Caribou Cargo Quick Fasten System, for stove and other kitchen supplies, Snow Peak BBQ and charcoal, dry goods, clothes, etc.
· PETT toilet and Outback Porta Privy
· Recovery gear (straps, tools, shovel, Pull-pal, etc.)
· Safety gear, Adventure Medical Kits Comprehensive First Aid kit, fire extinguisher

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
I'm lazy and leave everything loaded up all the time. Here's a list of the basics about the Jeep:

· 2007 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon, 6-spd manual (still with 4.10 gears), 137,000 miles
· Ursa Minor Vehicles J30 camper top (soft top in the garage)
· SoCal Teardrops Scipio awning with annex
· Renogy 150w solar panel
· 35x12.50R17 KO2's on OEM wheels with 1.5" Spidertrax spacers
· GenRight 20 gallon auxiliary fuel tank with Currie Antirock rear swaybar
· Shrockworks front bumper (with Warn PowerPlant and IPF 968 lights), rails, and rear bumper/tire carrier with custom removable bike rack
· Old Man Emu springs (2619’s front, 2620’s rear - 660# needed for weight), long-travel Nitrocharger shocks, and extended brake lines
· JKS ACOS adjustable spacers, driveshafts, and upper control arms
· Dynatrac ProSteer ball joints
· Whelen 3” LED compartment light with both white and red settings
· Vector Offroad JK E-dock with RAM mounts for Cobra 75 WX ST CB and mini iPad
· ARB 50qt fridge/freezer
· Front Runner 10.57 gallon upright water tank with Helton heater and Surflo pump
· Dual butcher block cutting boards/tables
· Pelican cases, two with the Caribou Cargo Quick Fasten System, for stove and other kitchen supplies, Snow Peak BBQ and charcoal, dry goods, clothes, etc.
· PETT toilet and Outback Porta Privy
· Recovery gear (straps, tools, shovel, Pull-pal, etc.)
· Safety gear, Adventure Medical Kits Comprehensive First Aid kit, fire extinguisher

How do you like the Gen Right aux tank? Did it come with that plate that replaces the little cubby? Im interested in that tank but I have something similar to the Adventure trailer storage boxes and the AT combo fridge stove slide.

Is it wired up to a switch to turn on the second fuel pump or is it an automatic switch?

harv3589

Adventurer
Please post on here when you're done and if it made a difference.

Installed day before last and after taking it for a drive I can say it rides smooth, less body roll and gives you more than the 3" of lift. The jeep now sits higher than it did with a 3.5" lift in it before. Haven't put any weight on it yet however. The Teraflex springs are heavy duty though when compared to what I took out...

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
Installed day before last and after taking it for a drive I can say it rides smooth, less body roll and gives you more than the 3" of lift. The jeep now sits higher than it did with a 3.5" lift in it before. Haven't put any weight on it yet however. The Teraflex springs are heavy duty though when compared to what I took out...

Thanks. Which ones did you get? 3"-2dr/2"-dr or the 4"-2dr/3"-4dr ones? I'm guessing the 4"/3" ones?

ventura911

Adventurer
How do you like the Gen Right aux tank? Did it come with that plate that replaces the little cubby? Im interested in that tank but I have something similar to the Adventure trailer storage boxes and the AT combo fridge stove slide.

Is it wired up to a switch to turn on the second fuel pump or is it an automatic switch?

I really enjoy the aux. tank's extra range and ease of use. Yes, I lost the cubby when they installed the tank, but I never really used it anyway. The plate allows access to the second OEM fuel pump, which the computer just recognizes as the regular pump when I flip the switch. With your set-up, you'd only have to remove the gear from the cargo box for installation or if there was a fuel pump failure. I usually run the aux. tank first, lightening the load behind the rear axle a bit, then switch to the main tank when the low fuel light comes on. That would leave me about 2 gallons or so to limp to a gas station on if I were to run the main dry.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles