JK Battery?

Tswhit15

I'm not sure I would mount/charge/run a battery in the cabin of my vehicle without proper ventilation at the very least. I also don't know everything some of these other guys know however I run a dual battery system in my JK. I used the rugged ridge tray which is sturdy, a pain in the ass to install but totally doable. I didn't go out and buy a fancy 300$ battery but I just bought a second AGM battery which is the same size/group as my stock for a secondary battery. Most importantly (I think anyways) is that I run the National Luna dual battery monitor/isolator which I think is quite cost effective. It's an Australian company, well known, and allows for a timer system so you don't overload your alternator and allows for you to connect or disconnect the two batteries for whatever purpose you choose and can monitor the charge of both batteries in real-time. I don't run a fridge (yet, maybe someday) but I frequently travel solo and needed piece of mind plus running lights at night/RTT/ect.

vtsoundman

OverAnalyzer
I'm not sure I would mount/charge/run a battery in the cabin of my vehicle without proper ventilation at the very least. I also don't know everything some of these other guys know however I run a dual battery system in my JK. I used the rugged ridge tray which is sturdy, a pain in the ass to install but totally doable. I didn't go out and buy a fancy 300$ battery but I just bought a second AGM battery which is the same size/group as my stock for a secondary battery. Most importantly (I think anyways) is that I run the National Luna dual battery monitor/isolator which I think is quite cost effective. It's an Australian company, well known, and allows for a timer system so you don't overload your alternator and allows for you to connect or disconnect the two batteries for whatever purpose you choose and can monitor the charge of both batteries in real-time. I don't run a fridge (yet, maybe someday) but I frequently travel solo and needed piece of mind plus running lights at night/RTT/ect.

It is very common for batteries to be in passenger compartments (they are under the rear seats of many many vehicles)...they use AGMs or VRLAs. Conventional FLA batteries, however, must be properly ventilated.

Minimal saftey concerns. Lots of threads and discussions on this topic. Battery expansion /thermal runaway can happen with any battery system...but it is very very rare in car batteries.

dstock

Explorer

You might want to check out a couple of the National Luna issue threads especially because you are running it in a JK. Quite a few of us have had problems with the system. Here's a couple threads to get you started, including the one I started:

https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...a-split-charge-system-charging-issues.135771/

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/aux-battery-charging-issues.198111/

I run the Genesis Offroad Dual-Battery kit in many of our JK's. We've been very happy with the Genesis Offroad setup always.

Ben

20150124_162910_med_hr.jpeg

img_1084_med_hr-2.jpeg

Man that is a beast. Do you have a write up on what you did on the Hemi conversion ?

www.yellowskeeter.com

rustypayne

I've had a Dometic 50L in the back of mine since August running the entire time. This is my daily driver but it has set for a couple days several times. I run the CTEK D250-SA that I got new off eBay and a Duracell Group 27M AGM battery from Sam's for cheap. I could not see paying $1000 just to have a puny extra 55ah battery under the hood no matter how 'cool' it looked. Also because I built this into the removable kitchen setup I added a quick disconnect going to the front which allows me to take the whole thing out by just unplugging it. I also like that it all runs on just a 10ga going to the front. In addition the CTEK has a built in MMPT solar controller so I can just toss a panel up top or carry a portable one and all I need to do it wire it in.

Attachments

• IMG_1225.JPG
    IMG_1225.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 21

Tswhit15

You might want to check out a couple of the National Luna issue threads especially because you are running it in a JK. Quite a few of us have had problems with the system. Here's a couple threads to get you started, including the one I started:

https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...a-split-charge-system-charging-issues.135771/

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/aux-battery-charging-issues.198111/
Thanks for the info! I haven't had any issues yet, fingers crossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94