jk 4dr Rhino Backbone Roof Rack

trleix77

Rhino-Rack quotes over 800 pounds static (parked) and almost 300 pounds dynamic (on the trail)...that's HUGE load ratings!! Also the system is all aluminum and Rhino-Rack offers over 60 accessories for their Pioneer Platforms...5 different awnings, MaxTrax brackets off the side or flat on top, rollers off the back, LED light bar brackets, tie-downs, load stops and they are working on axel-thru bike carriers and solar options. They offer the most accessories for any roof top platform or you can run their Aero crossbars if you prefer. Rhino-Rack has been making ski, bike & kayak accessories for 25 years out of Australia...top of the line stuff!

jku14

I've been considering this rack and I've been trying to figure out the front mounting system. Does the rack simply rest on the brackets mounted on the front without bolting down? If the don't bolt down has anyone had any stability problems?

Pjz

It bolts down at each of the 6 brackets. Very sturdy. Recently switched my platform out for the 3 aero cross bar system. Cant load it up as easily with random stuff, but makes it easier for the cargo box and still can mont my foxing awning to it. Really versatile set up. Get the quick release feet to make it easier if you ever plan to take the platform on and off.

IMG_7536.jpg

IMG_7537.jpg

jku14

I am less concerned with getting the platform off than I am the whole hard top. It looks to be a no extra work than before.

Terex

Adventurer
I have the AEV roof rack which uses the same Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform. I'm highly disappointed with the roof rack from the complete lack of accessories. The very limited amount of accessories from Rhino Rack are overpriced when compared to competitors like FrontRunner. Everything I have mounted on it required drilling holes through the rack, and hacking my own mounting systems.

Unless they've licensed from FrontRunner, looks like a total ripoff. Frontrunner also has many proven mounting accessories. Hey, none of this stuff is cheap but at least it should be functional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz