Jk 2015 on 35 tips

madmaths

Observer
Hi guys! I have ordered a jk rubicon 2015 automatic with 4.10 tank color!! I bought some 33" winter tire and this summer i will run it on 35" one of my friend on is 2011 rubicon run 35 with 1"body and 2"spacer . The ride is very good! Any one have any tips for this!!? Any recomandation? Thanks for your help!!

The wife and I have a '14 JKU Sahara that we installed 35x12.50x17 Falken Wilderness Peak At's on with a Rancho 3 inch suspension and RS7000 shocks last April. The only problem related to this set up is when backing up at full lock (I notice it at right lock because I can hear it, assume at left lock the same is happening) the outside of the tread rubs the bottom of the front bumper just enough that you can hear it but I have not noticed any markings yet. I still have very good road handling, no noticable body roll (keep in mind it wasn't a sports car to start with), or any other issues. The dark area just in front of the vehicle where the head light don't light seems a little larger but that is easy to fix by turning on the driving lights. The only complaint I have is the RS7000 are very, very stiff. I had to air down the tires to 35 psi to get some kind of ride comfort. I talked to Rancho and they agreed they are stiff and we should keep the tires at 35 or below. One other thing we noticed recently was tire pressure. It got down to 29 degrees the other night and when I started up the Jeep in the morning the low pressure alarm went nuts. The tire pressure went from 35 down to 29 overnight.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Well what do you want to do ? Clear tires or do a small lift to achieve clearance and lifted stance?

For lift I highly recommend AEV. I am running the AEV 2.5 dualsport with a 1" body lift on 315/70/17 really great combo.

Skennedy

Adventurer
Well what do you want to do ? Clear tires or do a small lift to achieve clearance and lifted stance?

For lift I highly recommend AEV. I am running the AEV 2.5 dualsport with a 1" body lift on 315/70/17 really great combo.

What he said,you can't go wrong with AEV.

What we were looking for was just enough lift to clear the tires and not rip off the fenders at articulation, but not so high that it degrades road handling or safety. The 3 inch I think fit the bill nicely, didn't feel we needed 3.5 inch with 35x12.50's

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
A
The wife and I have a '14 JKU Sahara that we installed 35x12.50x17 Falken Wilderness Peak At's on with a Rancho 3 inch suspension and RS7000 shocks last April. The only problem related to this set up is when backing up at full lock (I notice it at right lock because I can hear it, assume at left lock the same is happening) the outside of the tread rubs the bottom of the front bumper just enough that you can hear it but I have not noticed any markings yet. I still have very good road handling, no noticable body roll (keep in mind it wasn't a sports car to start with), or any other issues. The dark area just in front of the vehicle where the head light don't light seems a little larger but that is easy to fix by turning on the driving lights. The only complaint I have is the RS7000 are very, very stiff. I had to air down the tires to 35 psi to get some kind of ride comfort. I talked to Rancho and they agreed they are stiff and we should keep the tires at 35 or below. One other thing we noticed recently was tire pressure. It got down to 29 degrees the other night and when I started up the Jeep in the morning the low pressure alarm went nuts. The tire pressure went from 35 down to 29 overnight.

Your still running too much tire pressure. Try 26-28 on a 35 on a jk. The ride and tire wear is so much better all around. I had discount tire rotate my tires once or twice and immediately I could feel that the tires were over inflated due to horrible ride. 35-38psi was way too much.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Hi guys! I have ordered a jk rubicon 2015 automatic with 4.10 tank color!! I bought some 33" winter tire and this summer i will run it on 35" one of my friend on is 2011 rubicon run 35 with 1"body and 2"spacer . The ride is very good! Any one have any tips for this!!? Any recomandation? Thanks for your help!!
2.5" AEV lift with geometry correction brackets, synergy front adjustable track bar, with their sector shaft brace and full suspension bolt replacement kit.

Idahoan

Adventurer
What Brian said^. I have this setup and am very pleased. I run 34" Toyos. Rides and handles great on and off-road.

madmaths

Observer
thanks for all your reply!! like I said on my first post my friend rubicon have is stock shock and coil with 1inch body lift and 2inch coil spacer the jeep ride very good! almost like a stock one!! So I was maybe thinking keeping my stock shock and coil its a brand new 2015 so every thing is new! what about this recipe! ??

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-body-lift-kit-rc601.html

http://www.readylift.com/products/jeep/jeep-wrangler-jk/sst-lift-kits/jeep-wrangler-jk-2007-2013-3-0-f-2-0-r-sst-lift-kit/jeep-wrangler-lift-kit-jeep-lift-kit.html

so I will keep the stock ride!! good idea bad one!?

Yarjammer

Wellreadneck
I have a 2.5" spacer lift with stock shocks/coils and run 35" Duratracs. Fully loaded or on rough trails I experienced a bit of rubbing so now I'm also running chopped stock flares with zero rubbing issues. This setup has worked well for me; enough so that a proper lift is much further down my mod priority list.

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
thanks for all your reply!! like I said on my first post my friend rubicon have is stock shock and coil with 1inch body lift and 2inch coil spacer the jeep ride very good! almost like a stock one!! So I was maybe thinking keeping my stock shock and coil its a brand new 2015 so every thing is new! what about this recipe! ??

http://www.readylift.com/products/jeep/jeep-wrangler-jk/sst-lift-kits/jeep-wrangler-jk-2007-2013-3-0-f-2-0-r-sst-lift-kit/jeep-wrangler-lift-kit-jeep-lift-kit.html

Bad one. The AEV ride is much better than stock. Off and on road. Much better controlled and will allow more suspension travel. Progressive springs and matched shocks will support heavier loads and prevent bottoming out over rough terrain (but still allow the suspension to reach the bump stops easily when articulating).

Don't waste your time with a body lift and screw with steering and shifting linkages etc. Modified fenders would be a way better idea IF needed.

Septu

Explorer

I ran a rough country 2.5" BB on my first JK. Nothing wrong with it... and the ride is "fine". Doesn't quite compare to a full lift though. Not sure I'd go with a body lift through. Why not just run with flat fenders? IF you're just looking to clear 35s, that should work. If not... add a BB down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles