Jet Tent Bunker XL?

tonkaman

Adventurer
Wow that golds up really small! I don't see a size difference to the XL, but if it's 6'6" that's barely enough room for most people since you don't want to touch the tent walls.

I would just get a dry bag to store my shoes in at night and slip it under the tent entrance.

Talk to Stephen since it seems similar to his ARB Skydome on stilts

MarkIIa

Observer
I have a competing brand's version, the Oztrail 'Easy Fold Stretcher Tent'. I got dressed/undressed at the car and wore these things on my feet:
thongs.jpg
(thongs to Aussies, dunno what they are called overseas) and just tucked them under the end.
Very comfortable, but you definately have to peg the guy ropes out or they do bleed through in heavy rain.
Evern survived a night of hail without incident.
The colder months here aren't very cold, so can't really advise, but in all conditions I used a self-inflating mattress inside to add insulation.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
I am sure that the dimensions are a copy/paste error, the XL is a bit wider and longer.
MarkIIa, I know that you don't know me, but if you did, you'd know that there's zero chance of me wearing those. :)

hoser

Explorer
"Introducing the brand new Jet Tent Bunker XL that's just arrived. It has a slightly different colour to the original. The main differences are that the Jet Tent Bunker XL is 2.1 meters long where the original is 2 meters long. The XL is 90cm wide and the original is 80 cm wide. (~83" vs ~79" long)

They both have a 150kg weight rating are both on steel stretchers and have midge proof mesh. The fly on the XL is made of heavy duty ripstop polyester and the original Bunker is ripstop poly-cotton canvas. The XL is a bit longer and a bit wider, it will obviously appeal to taller people while their pack size is very much the same with only a few cm difference. I think the XL is a good addition to the range. "

Honu

lost on the mainland
SLIPPERS :)

thongs ? thought that was bathing suit for hotties :)
flip flops ? something politicians do :)

daily footwear Hawaiian style :) miss going to longs and getting the ones with the bumps on the footbed for a few bucks really hard to find good cheap ones on the mainland sadly
nice thing when they are under $5 no biggy when lost and nobody wants to steal them
even hiked in them in the islands but found out not in AZ cactus thorns are longer than the thickness OUCH a few times
for sure the best to have around camp footwear shower in them as said to bed kick them off etc....

I have a competing brand's version, the Oztrail 'Easy Fold Stretcher Tent'. I got dressed/undressed at the car and wore these things on my feet:
thongs.jpg
(thongs to Aussies, dunno what they are called overseas) and just tucked them under the end.
Very comfortable, but you definately have to peg the guy ropes out or they do bleed through in heavy rain.
Evern survived a night of hail without incident.
The colder months here aren't very cold, so can't really advise, but in all conditions I used a self-inflating mattress inside to add insulation.

enzo

Explorer
I just sold my Maggiolina and have been considering getting two these for me and the wife. For those of you that have one, how do you like it? Sorry for the thread jack.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
For the same money and space taken up you could pick up a 3 or 4 man Springbar and be more comfortable, plus local support is always nice to have. Not to mention a US made product vs a Chinese made one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles