Jerry Can holder help

Stroked 550

Adventurer
hey guys

the JK I bought already had a Hooke tire carrier, I purchased this twin jerry can holder for it

The Jerry cans I purchased are too big for it, does anyone know which ones fit on this holder?

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Too big in which dimension? That page shows measurements of a jerry can that has a bottom that is 13.77" x 6.69", which is larger than the standard NATO jerry can footprint of 13.5" x 6.5". (Meaning any NATO can, or one based on that pattern, should fit.)

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Some cheap Chinese NATO cans that can be found on eBay have the seam where the two halves are welded together sticking out further than the seams on a standard NATO can and those often don't fit in holders intended for standard-size NATO cans and jerry cans. Is that what you have and why they don't fit?

Stroked 550

Adventurer
Too big in which dimension? That page shows measurements of a jerry can that has a bottom that is 13.77" x 6.69", which is larger than the standard NATO jerry can footprint of 13.5" x 6.5". (Meaning any NATO can, or one based on that pattern, should fit.)

They're too big length wise, they have the seem in the middle that makes it too big to fit

Stroked 550

Adventurer
Some cheap Chinese NATO cans that can be found on eBay have the seam where the two halves are welded together sticking out further than the seams on a standard NATO can and those often don't fit in holders intended for standard-size NATO cans and jerry cans. Is that what you have and why they don't fit?

Yes you hit the nail on the head I have the cheapos that dont fit because of the seam going down the middle

and I cant seem to find any regular NATO cans for some reason

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Yes you hit the nail on the head I have the cheapos that dont fit because of the seam going down the middle

and I cant seem to find any regular NATO cans for some reason
I had one of those cans. You don't want to remove any of the seam because you might remove the weld and then the can would leak so what I did was I used a large clamp to compress the seams a little bit so they would fit. I clamped on the seams and tightened the clamp which pushed them in just enough for the cans to fit the tray I needed to fit them in.

BTW here are some surplus *standard size* NATO cans: https://colemans.com/nato-military-jerry-can

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Yeah, I wonder if a few taps with a tinner's hammer (or a body hammer) could fix you up.

You are in California and you can thank carb for the problem

Weaksauce. I'm in CA and all of my CARB-compliant cans are standard NATO dimensions. This is a manufacturing issue.

jscherb

Expedition Leader

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Odds are high wavians will fit. What city are you in?

Sportsman’s Warehouse stocks Wavian cans. You can return it 1 minute later if you walk out to the parking lot and it doesn’t fit.

mhm

Here are two sites that will ship to California as well.

The first one also has multiple nozzles available.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94