jeeps___

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Well jeep was the LAST manufacturer to offer lockers. Mercedes has offered lockers on all Unimogs since day one in 1948. Then in the 70's they offered lockers on the g wagon. Toyota has had lockers available since the 70s. The fj80 had lockers available in the 90s. Mitsubishi had a locker available in the montero in the 90s. Jeep is just now catching up. Better late than never I guess. D44s are not the cats meow when It comes to strength. I guess for a jeep it's an upgrade but compared to other offerings, they are not. Aftermarket support doesn't prove jeeps are super BA. To me that just shows that the factory stuff isn't up to snuff for severe driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, the rear axle under our Montero makes the 44 under our Jeep look like a toy.

GFA

Adventurer
what do you drive flight?

I was about to ask the same.

Did the montero have a front locker too? If not then it seems Jeep was the first to offer selectable lockers both front and rear in a vehicle that's affordable to the masses. Unimog? They cost damn near the median sales pice of all the homes in America. They better have a locker for that. And I don't see people flocking to the dealer for one either, if you can even find a dealer.

The LC may have had them available but they were out of reach for most buyers. And there's a good aftermarket support for them so on your own account they suck for severe driving too. Maybe a Honda CR-V is what you consider BA??

I'm no fanboy to jeep although I own one but it's because there's nothing else comparable to it. If ford were to reintroduce the Bronco in a comparable platform to the wrangler I'd be happy to get out of the heep...

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
I was about to ask the same.

Did the montero have a front locker too? If not then it seems Jeep was the first to offer selectable lockers both front and rear in a vehicle that's affordable to the masses. Unimog? They cost damn near the median sales pice of all the homes in America. They better have a locker for that. And I don't see people flocking to the dealer for one either, if you can even find a dealer.

The LC may have had them available but they were out of reach for most buyers. And there's a good aftermarket support for them so on your own account they suck for severe driving too. Maybe a Honda CR-V is what you consider BA??

I'm no fanboy to jeep although I own one but it's because there's nothing else comparable to it. If ford were to reintroduce the Bronco in a comparable platform to the wrangler I'd be happy to get out of the heep...

Hmm nice try :). Mercedes g's had lockers front and rear, land cruisers had selectable lockers front and rear in the 70s and then once again the fj80 had selectable front and rear. So no jeep was not the first to offer them. An fj40, fj60 is and was not out of reach for most buyers.

As I have blocked koJack I can't see what he wrote. For his info I have a Unimog 404 (which you can get for around 8000 bucks not out of reach for most people) an fj60 with just short of 300,000 miles and an 05 4Runner.

GFA

Adventurer
Hmm nice try :). Mercedes g's had lockers front and rear, land cruisers had selectable lockers front and rear in the 70s and then once again the fj80 had selectable front and rear. So no jeep was not the first to offer them. An fj40, fj60 is and was not out of reach for most buyers.

As I have blocked koJack I can't see what he wrote. For his info I have a Unimog 404 (which you can get for around 8000 bucks not out of reach for most people) an fj60 with just short of 300,000 miles and an 05 4Runner.

Well, looking back I see your only here to show off your Toyota emblem that's tattooed across your puffed out chest so I'm just gonna agree, nothing else compares!!

Beamer pilot

Explorer
This is hilarious...you guys just crack me up....I know you all staging this for my viewing pleasure...Get together and start a 4X4 reality show on History channel.
Oh s*&^t you did....!!!!!!:coffeedrink:

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Ha ha ha. Rusty Toyotas ,,,,I will give you the MOG, that's cool. but don't come crowing in the jeep forum about your Toyotas. ****, they don't last 2 years here and they are sent to the scrap heap since theres nothing useable since they rusted to crap.

BTW, someone quote this so MR ************ can read it!

Blocking a person, what a ********** move, so you can win your argument beceause you can't read responses. waaaaaaahhhhh. cry baby!

D

Deleted member 2080

What Knot Knormal said "I'm no fanboy to jeep although I own one but it's because there's nothing else comparable to it. If ford were to reintroduce the Bronco in a comparable platform to the wrangler I'd be happy to get out of the heep..."

I am on Jeep #26 in the the last 43 years (as many as 5 Jeeps at one time). I would buy a early style Bronco if they were made like in the old days. I do know that will never happen again. The greenies with the power they have in the U.S. Government with MPG requirements and emissions it is over. Now before anyone gets upset as if I am picking on one group, I am picking on us as well. US! Yes we are to blame for many problems with the new vehicles. Example; Many (granted not all of us) want a vehicle with heated seats, Sat. radio, 10 stackable CD's, electric windows, electric windows, do you see where this is going yet. If not, we want accessories as if we are in a Rolls Royce and but driving a Jeep.

Putting all of this stuff into a vehicle adds to the problem. Wires, wires every where, add weight. Easy fix make wires smaller. Meeting emission requirements means, you guessed it more wires and sensors. The wires break, sensors fail, this leads to 10 different electrical problems. This confuses the computer brain and it gets a brain fart.

I am waiting for the first news of the self parking car that runs over a cop. "Officer it was not me it was the car"! This is a must have as the people who drive today 90% do not know how to parallel park a car. I know as I get older my sensors are not a fast as when I was younger.

My first Jeep the front passenger seat was a option. The Jeep had a Dana 25 front end with a optional factory limited slip available. The little Jeep was finally sold after 30 years. The soft top was a option. Locking hubs yes they were, get out and turn them, not pushing a button.

We have come a long way in my lifetime (this is the first time I have ever said that)! In the 50's and 60's buying a Jeep or pick-up truck was because you did not have the money to buy a car (tradesman and farmers are a exception). I have a friend who just spent over $80,000 on his truck. Hard to believe it has more bells and do dads then I knew existed.

Feel free to get back to the topic. :ylsmoke:

Do not take life seriously, you will not come out of it alive!

GFA

Adventurer
This is hilarious...you guys just crack me up....I know you all staging this for my viewing pleasure...Get together and start a 4X4 reality show on History channel.
Oh s*&^t you did....!!!!!!:coffeedrink:

Haha, this is what happens when you get stuck home all day with a sick 4 yr old. The other dude must have 4 or 5 sick youngins...

Ha ha ha. Rusty Toyotas ,,,,I will give you the MOG, that's cool. but don't come crowing in the jeep forum about your Toyotas. ****, they don't last 2 years here and they are sent to the scrap heap since theres nothing useable since they rusted to crap.

BTW, someone quote this so MR ************ can read it!

Blocking a person, what a ********** move, so you can win your argument beceause you can't read responses. waaaaaaahhhhh. cry baby!

Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke