Jeep Wrangler JK Lifts Discussion

jadmt

ignore button user
I have done both AEV geo brackets and adjustable control arms and on a 2.5 lift I would say there is not a lot of difference. I have also done AEV 2.5 and AEV 3.5 back to back trips to Moab and absolutely would say the 3.5 is far superior. I have done Tera flex lifts, Rock Krawler lifts, mopar lifts and AEV and have installed metal cloak lifts on friends's rigs and come to the realization that man I have spent a lot of money on lifts lol...If I were starting over tomorrow with a new wrangler I would go with the AEV 3.5 and call it good.

Superpanga

I went with a Teraflex ST2 2.5"lift with Falcon 3.3 adjustable shocks. The on-road ride is great, the adjustable shocks are really the highlight for me- I can stiffen up the rears when towing, or loosen everything up/air down for smooth rides on less than smooth terrain. Goals were to be able to handle the long on-road legs to get me to the dirt and to handle the trailer when asked. Overall very happy.

PXL_20210930_135019818 (1).jpg2021_0629_18392900 (1).jpg

billiebob

AEV 2.5”, Drop Brackets, Airbags in rear coils. About 100k miles now and I bought the lift used from a member here. I couldn’t be happier. All of the crazy right hand dive under hard braking is gone, the rear end wobble as weight shifts in lane changes is gone.
You really cannot beat AEV Engineering.

billiebob

I was leaning HARD towards the AEV 2.5, but a telephone conversation with an AEV rep clued me in to that it might not be as good when it comes to the added weight of the trailer tongue weight.
No spring will stay level once you add weight to a level unit. Hence the ability to add air as you add load. Which is why most heavy trucks from semis thru logging and gravel trucks have air ride rear suspensions complete with ride height sensors and automatic levelling as you add load.

SlickRope

I have done both AEV geo brackets and adjustable control arms and on a 2.5 lift I would say there is not a lot of difference. I have also done AEV 2.5 and AEV 3.5 back to back trips to Moab and absolutely would say the 3.5 is far superior. I have done Tera flex lifts, Rock Krawler lifts, mopar lifts and AEV and have installed metal cloak lifts on friends's rigs and come to the realization that man I have spent a lot of money on lifts lol...If I were starting over tomorrow with a new wrangler I would go with the AEV 3.5 and call it good.
Thanks for the reply. the AEV 3.5. Everyone raves about the on road, but what about off road? How's the flex and durability? I have been trying to find pictures of how low the brackets sit but nothing really give a good point of view. Where you ever worried about bending or braking them?

jadmt

ignore button user
Thanks for the reply. the AEV 3.5. Everyone raves about the on road, but what about off road? How's the flex and durability? I have been trying to find pictures of how low the brackets sit but nothing really give a good point of view. Where you ever worried about bending or braking them?
I have done most of the moab trails, all the san juan trails,dusy ershim and rubicon and brackets were never an issue. I have a friend who i did the rubicon and dusy with who had an extremely over loaded jkur with aev 2.5 and geo brackets and his driving style was point and shoot approach and he made contact with his geo brackets but did not have an issue another buddy had a 3.5 and he never even nicked the paint on his. I ran aev geo brackets off and on with every one of my lifts and put a set on my last 2018 jkur recon with 2” mopar lift never had a mark on them after two moab trips. if you are hitting the geo brackets you missing your lines.

SlickRope

I have done most of the moab trails, all the san juan trails,dusy ershim and rubicon and brackets were never an issue. I have a friend who i did the rubicon and dusy with who had an extremely over loaded jkur with aev 2.5 and geo brackets and his driving style was point and shoot approach and he made contact with his geo brackets but did not have an issue another buddy had a 3.5 and he never even nicked the paint on his. I ran aev geo brackets off and on with every one of my lifts and put a set on my last 2018 jkur recon with 2” mopar lift never had a mark on them after two moab trips. if you are hitting the geo brackets you missing your lines.
Awesome info thanks!

abbysdaddy

I was looking at the AEV lifts but they were out of stock during Covid 2.0 so I went with a 2.5” Metal Cloak True Dual Rate. All I can tell you is that I’m very happy with it and the Jeep rides better than stock.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles