Jeep shower heater (synergy version) questions

JDaPP

Adventurer
I got a great deal on synergy's sit shower shave vehicle water heater kit that I am going to install on a 2012 JKUR.
I have the installation instructions and I have a couple of questions:
- the kit has caps to cover the water side inlet/outlet for when you are not using it. I had read on another install concerns about pressure build up when water was not flowing through. Should I leave caps off? Is pressure a concern?

- it talks about whether to splice into the heater core intake or output side. It says for the output side that would allow being able to control temperature via vehicle heater controls. I didn't think this was as true on more modern vehicles (thought I read it somewhere)? If anyone has done this does it work pretty well? It says down side is you must run heater to get the temperature hot at all? What would you do for your install (money and space are limited resources in this case)?

- for instructions the install was intake side (said it was easier). In the picture the hose is off the intake side, I just want to confirm the lower hose in the picture is the outlet side of the heater core?
P_20161226_073740_HL.jpg

Thanks for the help.

PhulesAU

Explorer
If there's no water in it(drained) why would pressure build up?? I could see it getting pretty hot, if it wasn't on heater out put side. heat out put can be controlled to a certain degree using the dash controls. BUT yes you'd have to run the heater to get any heat. you could use a couple Ts and do a heater core bypass, 1 way your heater functions as usual, in bypass you have a circulation loop without the heater core needed.

JDaPP

Adventurer
Great info, thanks. I think I am going to go output side so I can control temperature. From the picture I am guessing the output is the lower hose based off the upper being the intake but I will figure it out when I get in there. Again thanks.

JDaPP

Adventurer
Yep saw that one, it was excellent and led to my questions about the pressure. Trying to keep it a little simpler in regards to controlling the heat which is why I think I am going to loop into the output side. Did you consider the output side of the heater core and if so what drove your decision to do it the way you did?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles