Jeep Rubicon Earthroamer

dra2120

As for the connectors, and lights...They were battery connections, and the ad says the battery was just replaced...maybe they replaced the connections as well. As for the lights, also living in NH, that is something we have to do at inspection time. In NH any light above the factory headlights need to have "covers" on them. So come time for the annual inspection sticker, many people will just tape over their Aux. lights so that they are "covered".

snorlax

As for the connectors, and lights...They were battery connections, and the ad says the battery was just replaced...maybe they replaced the connections as well. As for the lights, also living in NH, that is something we have to do at inspection time. In NH any light above the factory headlights need to have "covers" on them. So come time for the annual inspection sticker, many people will just tape over their Aux. lights so that they are "covered".
Thanks.

billiebob

very cool unit. $60K sounds pretty fair for a "new" Rubicon with the Earth Roamer conversion
altho, 13 years old with 4K miles, I'm not sure that is a plus

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
That seems strangely low to me but also awesome. I'd "negotiate" with the seller if I had a reason to own this awesome rig.

syn0s

The XV-JP is super rare, and $60k actually isn't as overpriced as one would think, especially with < 5k miles. The last one that was posted (on Facebook I think) had an outrageous asking price of over $110k...

Cool to see another one out in the wild up for grabs.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
I believe the last one of these models to sell posted right here on expo was about a year ago, and the asking price was @$68,000. Both of these units in the old posts had the hemi’s in them, but the ad for the one above didn’t seem to refer anywhere to that. I don’t recall if that motor swap was a stock replacement or not on this model, but I don’t think it was.

The other thing to note if you’re interested in owning this unique rig is the discussion in the second link below by the owner, commenting about his unhappiness with the stock suspension. That owner spent a bunch of money improving his suspension. Again, no info in this ad about that as the current seller didn’t seem motivated enough to post much info, about his rig….rather in their ad, they just push potential buyers to a link to the old Earthhroamer website, implying that everything described there would be the same for the unit for sale (except for the ‘buyer beware’ comment about storage damage (?) to the tent!)

Picture of the Jeep Earthroamer, from the website:
6DF860D7-4BE3-48F2-8B1A-BB723D5CBA63.jpeg

Here’s another comp for anyone interested in this rig, from this forum:

Last edited:

Jupiter58

Wow. Very cool. Definitely would prefer the aev conversion one! If that sold for 68k, this one is worth about 40. Really no comparison with the axles, powertrain, suspension of the aev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Wow. Very cool. Definitely would prefer the aev conversion one! If that sold for 68k, this one is worth about 40. Really no comparison with the axles, powertrain, suspension of the aev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have a link to the AEV one that sold for 68K. Just to compare

Pgopinath

I was the second owner of the AEV converted XP. If there is a serious buyer of this vehicle (which, I emphasize is NOT mine, and about which I know absolutely nothing) who would like general info on XPs drop me a PM. Mine sold to a super nice guy from TX. XPs in any configuration are niche application vehicles and are very much an emotional purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste