Jeep price

Marine

Adventurer
Need some help from all you jeep people. There is a 1997 jeep Cherokee sport for sale down the road from me. 170,000 body is rust free has a gaggle of new parts rear drive shaft, new breaks, new stainless steel brake lines. You get the idea what would be a fair price.

Thank you all.

borison

Adventurer
Seems a bit high, but if somebody wants a relatively low mileage, unmolested 22yo XJ it might be fine. What else could you get for $4500? Probably not as cool as an XJ.

Zeep

Adventurer
Here in the Michigan rust belt, that is still a little high. $2800-$3500, would be fair market!

motoboss

Bad Influence
Yeah, when you say "rust free" typically means just a little surface rust. I've never seen an XJ of that vintage completely rust free. Look very carefully at the underbody, under the carpet, at the body joints and inner fenders. A small rust bubble could be a major can of worms especially around and under the fender flares.
Trust me, I've been there, and it ain't pretty. Rust never sleeps!

That being said, mines full of new parts, floor pans, full interior, heat/air system, new paint, complete front end, tires and wheels and much more.
I'm asking $5500.00 so at $4500.00 it sounds reasonable. Also pricing has a lot to do with location, location location.

Marine

Adventurer
Feels like a lot, but if you are saying body is rust free you must live in the rust? Prices are very regional.

I live in Michigan, rust galore up here. It came from out west. I'm just going to look it over and see. I could see maybe 3500. I'm just looking for a winter beater and something I can dent, and scratch up.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Yep, I was once in that neck of the woods. A western car there probably earns a 20-30% bump if the buyer is right. I’ve run a few rigs from Cali back to Michigan and I’m usually figuring that there needs to be at least 2-3k in price gain to make it work.

Marine

Adventurer
Well I checked it out, the frame was clean, some surface rest on rockers. It has a 5 speed shifted smooth steering was tight. The AC doesn't work, but other than that it was good. I offered 3500. Now I wait and see.

motoboss

Bad Influence
Well I checked it out, the frame was clean, some surface rest on rockers. It has a 5 speed shifted smooth steering was tight. The AC doesn't work, but other than that it was good. I offered 3500. Now I wait and see.
Sounds like a reasonable offer. Good luck.

Cottontail

Easy Street on Mud Tires
I think it sounds high. I just sold a rust free 2000 XJ Limited that had some electrical gremlins and non-working A/C. It had some damage on the driver door, but the leather interior was in great shape and it had new tires. I bought it for $1100 and sold it for $1350. It was a rust free Tennessee truck.

motoboss

Bad Influence
I think it sounds high. I just sold a rust free 2000 XJ Limited that had some electrical gremlins and non-working A/C. It had some damage on the driver door, but the leather interior was in great shape and it had new tires. I bought it for $1100 and sold it for $1350. It was a rust free Tennessee truck.
Location, location, location!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles