Jeep Pickup pics

AEV

Supporting Sponsor - American Expedition Vehicles
WOW, how did you scoop Haven on this?

Looks like the death of the AEV Brute

I wouldn't jump straight to that conclusion above^^^. We are just as excited about this as everyone else. FCA making the JL pickup only makes our lives easier. MUCH easier. It will allow us to focus our efforts on developing individual products and complete vehicle upgrade packages for a new Jeep Wrangler variation!

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Hey look at that super flat windshield glass. Looks flatter even than the JK. Great news from a styling perspective.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I wouldn't jump straight to that conclusion above^^^. We are just as excited about this as everyone else. FCA making the JL pickup only makes our lives easier. MUCH easier. It will allow us to focus our efforts on developing individual products and complete vehicle upgrade packages for a new Jeep Wrangler variation!
Think the Hemi conversions will still be as popular if there's diesel available with ~400 #'s torque?

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
If I wasn't using it for mileage, I'd still want a large V8. Can't beat the sound or the rumbling feel.

Kinda like the Raptor, I'd still prefer the 6.2L V8 over the Ecoboost.... now my wallet would probably prefer the Ecoboost.

jpat30

Adventurer
Here ya go?
http://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-jeep-mercedes-compact-more-trucks-getting-into-ring/

Dodge-M80-pickup-concept-front-three-quarters.jpg

Oh No!!!!Now if you will excuse me, I have to go gouge my eyes out....LOL

AEV

Supporting Sponsor - American Expedition Vehicles
Think the Hemi conversions will still be as popular if there's diesel available with ~400 #'s torque?

Definitely. Once people experience the Hemi it's hard for them to get back in their V6. I had numerous people offer to engine swap at a Jeep Fest last weekend (I was in a JK350 with 6.4L Hemi). Not only that but I believe some people just plain old don't care for diesel. The 5.7L puts out 375lbs and the 6.4L over 400lbs. It's hard to beat the rumble of a beefy V8.

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
I agree, looks like a RAM bed on the back of that thing.. so far im not too impressed. if they would have went more the FSJ pickup route rather than throw a bed on the back of a 4dr, id be more excited about this. when it comes time to produce these, you should just be able to order a 4dr with a bed. the brute will always be superior to this

Im guessing the ram bed is just for use in testing. notice how the wheels dont fit in the openings. they are probably keeping the production bed off to avoid over exposure.

mikeg1713

Adventurer
We've all heard that the JL will have the diesel option but what about real use as a truck. The Brute is not a truck and therefore can't really haul or tow. I'm hoping the JL truck will have real world use.

There is a Jeep truck made already that can tow and haul unlike a Jeep. The J8 Quad-Cab.

image.jpeg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Oh No!!!!Now if you will excuse me, I have to go gouge my eyes out....LOL
"Lifestyle" demographic appeal.

If I wasn't using it for mileage, I'd still want a large V8. Can't beat the sound or the rumbling feel...
Plus the ease of finding fuel.
What I'm after is range though. Without adding an extra tank or carrying cans.
That's what diesel brings to the game.
If the 5.7L was available at a modest price I'd have gotten it...

AFSOC

Explorer

So you don't predict release of the JL pickup to adversely affect demand for the Brute or are you saying it will continue to be offered in present state (no continuing engineering)?

Last edited:

lumpskie

Independent Thinker
Im guessing the ram bed is just for use in testing. notice how the wheels dont fit in the openings. they are probably keeping the production bed off to avoid over exposure.

^This. I don't think any of the shapes that you can make out in this cammo'd vehicle are necessarily representative of the final vehicle. (At least I hope not because I'm still holding out for something that looks like the Crew Chief concept!!)

AgentOrange76

Adventurer
Oh my gosh I'm in love with the old forward controls!!! Actually my dream truck. It's so ugly it's beautiful......shame they'll never build it again......thanks government. .....stupid crumple zones...... We should be able to drive something unsafe if we want, just have a waiver to sign at the dealership that says "yeah, this could kill me and I'm cool with that and can't sue ya." We'd have some sweet vehicles to drive if they didn't have to comply with saftey regs. Anyways I digress......

A full size would be really cool, like the J series, but since it's on the wrangler frame I'm actually more excited for a small pickup. And as much as I'd love a single cab, if it looks like that dodge.........imma puke.

mikeg1713

Adventurer
I would say that the camouflaged jeep is more of a mule than a preproduction Jeep pick up. I was told by a friend inside Wrangler there were a few "Jeep pickups" floating around inside but we're only mules and kinda a mess. This was a few weeks ago at Unlimited Off-Road Expo.

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Glad to see the prototype has the removable roof panels like a regular JKU. Hopefully the rear roof section will be removable as well. I would change out the rear bed most likely to improve the departure angle anyways with a flat bed that was more tolerant of being "bumped" into trees, etc. and that would hold the spare tire flat with a roof tent on it - keeps the CG lower and makes access easier - don't have to worry about trees as much then either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles