Jeep Museum Coming Soon

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Sweet, I'm really looking forward to this.

I was just at the Triumph motorcycle factory & museum and it's a really cool way to show the hsitory and story of the brand. It will be really cool to have everything in one place showing where Jeep started and where they are today.

Maybe there will be room for an Overlanding Jeep.... :)

-Dan

billiebob

Just changed my avatar. My Uncle drove a government issued Jeep in Europe back when every Jeep was government issued.

Uncle Bill 1944.jpg

ExplorerTom

Explorer
this is a sincere question ??? you realize where every Jeep was made right ?

I actually didn’t. Never owned one. Never cared. But thanks for the lesson.

There are 2 things I think of when I think of Ohio and that is rust and the electoral college- seems like Ohio is always important in electing a president.

billiebob

I actually didn’t. Never owned one. Never cared. But thanks for the lesson.

There are 2 things I think of when I think of Ohio and that is rust and the electoral college- seems like Ohio is always important in electing a president.
They also contributed to winning WWII. Thats my Uncle in Europe, 1944, beside the Jeep when ALL Jeeps were Government Issued.

86scotty

Cynic
OK. Still don’t think of “Ohio” when I see a Jeep. And there are TONS in Colorado.

There are tons everywhere. It ain't just Colorado or mountain states. Jeep sold almost 1 million vehicles in the U.S. last year.

FYI, if you're a vehicle fan and American you should take note of the area. All over Michigan and Ohio are the plants that made and still make American icons. Opinions of domestic vehicles aside it is a neat area. I have the good fortune of visiting a lot of automotive and contributing plants for work and it's always interesting. I went to the Gladiator paint plant not too long ago. Neat stuff. It's also fun to be driving along a highway up there and see lots full of Chevy or Ford trucks almost as far as the eye can see.

Yeah, I know, nothing to do with Jeeps or a museum but noteworthy on domestic vehicles produced in metro Detroit, which Toledo basically is.

JeepColorado

I've visited the Harley Museum in Milwaukee and it gives you a real sense of history and place of the Harley. It's cool to see the evolution of the product and how closely it's remained to the original. I'd imagine the Jeep museum will feel very much the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles