jeep m715 overland build

us67m715

i have been working on a 1967 kaiser jeep m715 army truck for several years. it has a 5.9 cummins diesel. 5 speed trans. and modern axles from a chevy 4x4. it is a daily driver and is very reliable. i have taken it on several long camping trips in the past few years[2000 miles round trip] currently in the process of installing a fiberglass work topper that will be insulated and rigged as an overland camper truck. pics on the way

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I’m going to say that is seriously cool, and, no matter how reliable… you have to be seriously tolerant to pull 2k miles in old iron. I’ve crossed the country several times in 30+ year old trucks and I can feel it still!

us67m715

I’m going to say that is seriously cool, and, no matter how reliable… you have to be seriously tolerant to pull 2k miles in old iron. I’ve crossed the country several times in 30+ year old trucks and I can feel it still!
We(wife and I) have been from east texas to Moab Utah twice in the truck. Also we have been to Florida from east texas and numerous short trips (arkansas, Oklahoma, south texas) I hope to be able to go to Montana next year if I get finished with the camper build

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Very nice. What canopy is that? Are you on the M715zone? If you ever make up to N ID/eastern WA we have a few M715 owners here. I have a few in my yard.

us67m715

Very nice. What canopy is that? Are you on the M715zone? If you ever make up to N ID/eastern WA we have a few M715 owners here. I have a few in my yard.
It is a Work top from an at&t truck. I don't remember if I signed up on the zone. I have looked at it before, but it's been a long time since. If we ever drive it up that way I will definitely look you up

us67m715

It is a Work top from an at&t truck. I don't remember if I signed up on the zone. I have looked at it before, but it's been a long time since. If we ever drive it up that way I will definitely look you up
If you were asking about the actual truck cab top, it is shop built out of sheet metal and square tube frame. Made it myself several years ago

billiebob

Very cool truck. Completely practical and built to be abused without any damage.
I hate trailer queens.

Well done !! ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94