Jeep Livin Lite Extreme Trailer EXPO upgrades

wvtradbow

Observer
Don you are correct,I just googled it.They're a very neat idea, a little pricey at around $125-$137 an I don't think that includes shipping but I'm going to keep my eyes open.Thanks for the ID

TomP

Observer
Hi Tom:

I like the meter you used. Where did you get it if you do not mind me asking?

Did you make it out to OX16 this year? We did not. I retired and Seth is house shopping so we stayed at home for the first time in 6 years.

See ya!

Hi Don:

Yes, I just got back from OX16 a short while ago. We missed you both this year! No snow but the wind was blowing the whole weekend. I'm glad to hear that you both are well. Tell Seth good luck with the house and congratulations on your retirement! I think your going to love it! This is a link to the meter that I used. Hope to see you soon!

http://www.amazon.com/Astra-Depot-F...&qid=1464048311&sr=8-1&keywords=voltmeter+usb

zer03Four

Great build! I just came across this thread. I own one of these too. I am very impressed by your lid lifting mod. That roof is heavy and honestly can be a bit dangerous at times if you slip. Very nice work. I'll have to try something similar.

TomP

Observer
Great build! I just came across this thread. I own one of these too. I am very impressed by your lid lifting mod. That roof is heavy and honestly can be a bit dangerous at times if you slip. Very nice work. I'll have to try something similar.
I have been off the forum for quite awhile and just saw your post. I hope your mod worked out well. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Jake79

Hey Tom, I’ve looked through your build several times and didn’t realize you where still on here. On your water can holder is there bracing inside the panels that you bolted to?

TomP

Observer
Hey Tom, I’ve looked through your build several times and didn’t realize you where still on here. On your water can holder is there bracing inside the panels that you bolted to?
Hi Jake, Yes it is bolted through the aluminum frame members of the rear wall. On the inside it is secured with large washers and nuts. It will not pull back out because of the loaded weight.

Jake79

Hi Jake, Yes it is bolted through the aluminum frame members of the rear wall. On the inside it is secured with large washers and nuts. It will not pull back out because of the loaded weight.
Ok makes sense thanks

Trailin’ 55

Hello Tom, great thread. I’m curious as to your estimate of your loaded weight with all of your upgrades and cargo and whether your trailer has brakes. I’ve got a line on a couple of these trailers; one is equipped with brakes and the other is not.

TomP

Observer
Hello Tom, great thread. I’m curious as to your estimate of your loaded weight with all of your upgrades and cargo and whether your trailer has brakes. I’ve got a line on a couple of these trailers; one is equipped with brakes and the other is not.
That is a good question. I have not weighed it. It does not have brakes. The Web Site shows 1270 empty and 930 useful, gross of 2200 lbs. Brakes are now an option and they call it a QuickSilver Rock Climber Tent Camper now.

https://www.livinlite.com/products/quicksilver-rock-climber-tent-campers/

Trailin’ 55

That is a good question. I have not weighed it. It does not have brakes. The Web Site shows 1270 empty and 930 useful, gross of 2200 lbs. Brakes are now an option and they call it a QuickSilver Rock Climber Tent Camper now.

https://www.livinlite.com/products/quicksilver-rock-climber-tent-campers/
Tom, thanks for the reply. We have since purchased one of the last remaining new Livinlight Rock climbers available as the company was purchased by Thor and they have chosen not to continue the Rock climber line. I have read your comments and have some questions on topics that haven’t been addressed. 1) since the trailer has no corner stabilization jacks, have you found the need use any external jacks while camping and not attached to your Jeep? 2) what type of hub adapters did you use to convert to the 5x5 JK lug pattern? 3) does it appear that there is room in the frame between the floor and the skid plate for a belly mounted water tank?

We are picking up the trailer in a couple of weeks and can’t wait to get out and give it a go. In the mean time were already considering some necessary modifications. Thanks again for all of your detail in this thread!

TomP

Observer
The trailer has no stabilizers, they could be added but I have never felt the need for them. I thought it would be nice to have a parking brake but have never needed that either. I carry plastic wheel chocks for both sides, the bed sits on the legs on the outside and feels very stable. It is not something that gets walked around in much. It is very solid if hooked to the Jeep when parked. I run the air pressure in the tires way down when on the trail and that doesn't hurt the parked stability.

The hub adapters and Jeep wheels came with it so I not sure about the manufactures name or model.

The frame is six inches tall and the aluminum floor is installed over that. You may have about 6 inches between the floor and the skid plate. If I remember right the space would be broken into two compartments as there is a center frame cross member.

Good luck with it! Let me know how you do with your modifications.

Last edited:

ratled

Adventurer
Hey if you make to the Reno area drop me a note I'll buy you lunch and you can show off your rig

ratled

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online