Jeep lineup in the next few years

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Isn't that supposed to be...

"one of these kids is doing their OWN thing... One of these kids is not like the others..." :)

jeepdreamer

Expedition Leader
Yes, its a Jeep.

Well said.

;) Just doin' my part. heehee!

And I don't know if I posted this yet here so I will. Excuse the repost if it is.
I stumbled across this heading to work on my own Jeep last week... Now THIS is a Jeep!

Attachments

• IMG_0372.JPG
    IMG_0372.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 7

haven

Expedition Leader
What I said the Fiat 500 crossover would look like

jeepster-1.jpg

And what was briefly unveiled on Italian TV commercial

Fiat500X.jpg

The new Jeepster might be more like the top photo, the replacement for the Compass more like the lower photo. Both are made on the larger, wider variant of the Fiat 500 platform.

Jakeleverett

Adventurer
And both equally make me want to vomit. Blech!

My God I would definitely have to agree, especially that second one is TERRIBLE. Not much better than that horrendous wart of a Jeep called a compass.

yuch on many accounts!

BTW does the "Jeep" on that magazine cover say "Fiat" on the grill!? did I miss something?

haven

Expedition Leader
Automotive News is reporting that production of the current Jeep Liberty will stop on August 15. The Liberty replacement will be introduced at the Detroit Auto show next January. Rumors suggest that the new Liberty will be based on the Dodge Dart compact platform, which in turn is based on a Fiat design.

Top powertrain for the Liberty replacement is expected to be a new 3.2L V6, mated to an 8 speed automatic transmission. Base powertrain will likely be the 2.0L four cylinder found in the Dart. We may see a turbo four cylinder engine as well.

I haven't seen any spy photos of the new vehicle, which may or may not be called the Liberty. So it's unclear if the replacement will draw its inspiration from the Cherokee/farm machinery motif, or be something more aerodynamic.

JeffRRC

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure the Jeep on the magazine cover is a nod to the Fiat/Iveco Campagnolo 4wd vehicle and the jeep like vehicles built by Alfa Romeo after WWII. Most recently the Campagnolo was the top of the line Iveco Massif that is based on the LR90/110.

Last edited:

Sojourn

Wanderer
I haven't seen any spy photos of the new vehicle, which may or may not be called the Liberty. So it's unclear if the replacement will draw its inspiration from the Cherokee/farm machinery motif, or be something more aerodynamic.[/QUOTE]

Program code is the KL, as you said, may or may not be called a Liberty. Looks very similiar to the current Cherokee. Launches in May of 2013. A significant improvement over the current Liberty.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
I'd love to see a Willys line emerge.

2 door only & the size of a Samurai. It would be a sweet DD (save my 4dr Rubi for camping/kayaking trips, etc) abut still be capable.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Currently there is talk about a "10th anniversary" Rubicon Wrangler in the 2013 model year.

Nobody will commit to anything yet, but one guy who probably knows says "it's more than just bumpers and stickers".

Could be very interesting.

-Dan

Bad Karma

Adventurer
Currently there is talk about a "10th anniversary" Rubicon Wrangler in the 2013 model year.

Nobody will commit to anything yet, but one guy who probably knows says "it's more than just bumpers and stickers".

Could be very interesting.

-Dan

embroidered seat covers, painted shocks and polished wheels....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles