Jeep Kitchen DIY for overland expeditions

alsmith

Observer
jscusmcvet here you go :)

For those asking about dimensions: the height is 21.73 inches / width is 34.25 inches / deepth is 32.25 inches at the bottom, goes up straight for 8 inches and then slopes up following the seat back to 28.18 inches at the top.

I'll draw a picture for it tonight.

Al can you share the width and height dimensions so that those of us in vehicles other than JK's can check for fit? Really nice and well thought out design.

John

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Al Thanks for showing me your creation today! Anyone wondering: it's amazing!!! Well thought out and top quality.

JCDriller

Adventurer
I also recommend getting rid of the factory sub. It's not worth it and takes up too much valuable space!

Your metal design allows way more space than my wood build since I'm loosing 3" in wood thickness, plus yours will be lighter. Have you considered adding a water tank to your design like the front runner water tank? 13 gallons for only 3.5" of space against the seat back. I've got mine hooked up to a water pump, having pressurized water is really handy. You can see the water tank between the box and the back seat in this photo.

alsmith

Observer
I've thought about getting rid of the factory sub but wanted to make it so anyone could just drop it into their jeep. I should make an end cab for people that get rid of the sub if they want to. It could add a real cool vertical storage to that side actually ....

I also recommend getting rid of the factory sub. It's not worth it and takes up too much valuable space!

alsmith

Observer
I have plans for a future water tank and house battery system for it so you can charge things and run the fridge off a house battery leaving your starter battery alone.

Your metal design allows way more space than my wood build since I'm loosing 3" in wood thickness, plus yours will be lighter. Have you considered adding a water tank to your design like the front runner water tank? 13 gallons for only 3.5" of space against the seat back. I've got mine hooked up to a water pump, having pressurized water is really handy. You can see the water tank between the box and the back seat in this photo.

JCDriller

Adventurer
If no sub is present it may be a nice space for a folding aluminum camp table to sit.

since you're planning on adding water...

When I first added water I thought about adding a folding sink faucet like the type found on boats. I have a hose now but want something for cooking and washing hands while camping. What I finally settled on is this:

51sRTK1SoaL._SL1024_.jpg

The valve is built in, it's flexible and has a magnetic base. Seems perfect for my needs, maybe it'll work for yours too.

Last edited:

alsmith

Observer
OOO I like that! I have been thinking of adding a sink to it that drops into the storage section on the main stove drawer that I can pull out and hang on the end by the stove. This could make a great add on for that sink.

If no sub is present it may be a nice space for a folding aluminum camp table to sit.

since you're planning on adding water...

When I first added water I thought about adding a folding sink faucet like the type found on boats. I have a hose now but want something for cooking and washing hands while camping. What I finally settled on is this:

51sRTK1SoaL._SL1024_.jpg

The valve is built in, it's flexible and has a magnetic base. Seems perfect for my needs, maybe it'll work for yours too.

alsmith

Observer
I get the pricing from the company doing the fabrication for me next week and if everything works if should be able to do the run for us by end of October :) Send me an email to al@alsmith.com and I will add you to the list of people I'm sending information out to.

I'm interested in aprox price? and when do you think it would be avail?

alsmith

Observer
PRICING IS HERE!!!

Hello!

Pricing is here for the Jeep Kitchen!

The minimum order sweet spot is 10 units so as soon as I have 10 other people that confirm and send money I’ll do the first run.

I have priced it for Stainless Steal and Coated Steal so you can see the difference. I would recommend we all do them out of Stainless as it will last almost forever. I will be doing a stainless one for myself as it’s only another $300 which was less than powder coating the steals ones. Given I have had interest from both the US and Canada I have provided both prices.

Price per unit:

- Coated Steal: $1,425.00 (US) / $1,909 (Canadian) [plus shipping and taxes if they apply]
- Stainless: $1,695.00 (US) / $2,272 (Canadian) [plus shipping and taxes if they apply]

Here is a video I shot today of the newest one so you can see the changes. CLICK HERE

The interest in this Kitchen has been amazing so I’m going to be setting this up as a company and selling them online. The prices will be much higher than what is stated here when that happens as I will be doing all the labour myself for this first run.

If you order as part of this first 10 you will be saving well over $1,000 on the cost of them once they go live online.

I'm also planning a Whip Saw Trail Trip for this group once we all have them installed for early next summer :)

Email me at al@alsmith.com if you want to reserve one of the first 10 units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94