jeep jk unlimited camper project

awol

Observer
Absolutely love the way this is turning out! Great work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ex m38a1er

Adventurer
I live in Greece (EU both of us) and if it's not changing the original width and the lenght of the vehicle it's not illegal.

ex m38a1er

Adventurer
@Yvan06
I live in Greece (EU both of us) and if it's not changing the original width and the lenght of the vehicle it's not illegal.

bamajeep

Adventurer
Has there been any more progress on this?

Continuing to make progress. Had major problems getting materials delivered (lost in transit/weather delays/reimbursement issues and reordering). Have pretty much been building 2 campers (one camper and one full set of samples) at once, so that's taken up a good bit of time. All of the detail blocking and sanding is almost complete on the exterior. Currently trying to decide on paint and tent material for the top. What do you guys think about the exterior coating? - Bedliner or paint?

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Paint.

I would colour match the Jeep body, it will look amazing all one colour. You could do it with Bedliner the same monotone colour, but it gets pricey. No matter what the finish, its going to look pretty rad.

stomperxj

Explorer
Continuing to make progress. Had major problems getting materials delivered (lost in transit/weather delays/reimbursement issues and reordering). Have pretty much been building 2 campers (one camper and one full set of samples) at once, so that's taken up a good bit of time. All of the detail blocking and sanding is almost complete on the exterior. Currently trying to decide on paint and tent material for the top. What do you guys think about the exterior coating? - Bedliner or paint?

x2 paint. Also hit Seattle Fabrics for some choices on fabrics.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
So rad... I love the way this thing is turning out. How does it handle with that on there? Pretty light I guess still...

bamajeep

Adventurer
So rad... I love the way this thing is turning out. How does it handle with that on there? Pretty light I guess still...

In my opinion, it surprisingly drives/handles better with the camper on. You don't even realize it's there until at speeds over 60. It handles well over 60, but the engine starts to feel some of the drag from the cab-over. When I had a TJ, I had a hood wind visor and was able to direct/deflect the wind over the roof rack. Since I had positive results with that, I'm going to order one for this Jeep to see if it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier